Pike Anglers Club Launch Second Wheelyboat on the Broads
Disabled anglers now have two Wheelyboats operating on the Norfolk Broads owned by the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain (PACGB) and run day-to-day by the Norwich & District Pike Club.
Source: The Wheelyboat Trust
Both Wheelyboats were purchased by PACGB with grants provided by the Environment Agency. The latest to arrive is the Mk I (pictured) that used to be operated by the Broads Authority, who refurbished it prior to its re-homing.
The provision of the Wheelyboats stems from an initiative by the Broads Angling Strategy Group to improve angling access and they are available free of charge to anyone who finds bank access difficult due to disability.
The two venues are the River Yare at Surlingham and Sportsman’s Staithe, which is part of the Trinity Broad system.
For enquiries and bookings contact Mickey Cox on 07899 913606 or via www.norwichpike.com
By the Same Author
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member
- Emma's Challenge - Part 20
- Angler’s Mail 26 May 2015