Pike Anglers Club Launch Second Wheelyboat on the Broads
Disabled anglers now have two Wheelyboats operating on the Norfolk Broads owned by the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain (PACGB) and run day-to-day by the Norwich & District Pike Club.
Source: The Wheelyboat Trust
Both Wheelyboats were purchased by PACGB with grants provided by the Environment Agency. The latest to arrive is the Mk I (pictured) that used to be operated by the Broads Authority, who refurbished it prior to its re-homing.
The provision of the Wheelyboats stems from an initiative by the Broads Angling Strategy Group to improve angling access and they are available free of charge to anyone who finds bank access difficult due to disability.
The two venues are the River Yare at Surlingham and Sportsman’s Staithe, which is part of the Trinity Broad system.
For enquiries and bookings contact Mickey Cox on 07899 913606 or via www.norwichpike.com
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Five
- Double Gold for Team England
- Guidance for Anglers Reporting Offences to the Police
- Angler’s Mail 22 July 2014
- BSafe – A New Generation of Fish-Safe Nets
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 15 July 2014
- Protect Your Park and Public Fishing
- Gardener’s Out – After 27 Years
- Fishing with Emma - Canal Pike: Part Three