Casting in Bronze
The England ‘A’ Casting Team came home with a bronze team medal from the Long Casting World Championships in Belgium.
Source: Angling Trust
There was some drama at the event when England team member Jay Lee suffered an arm injury after the second round of Day one and had to return home leaving the team to carry on competing with just four out of their five casters.
Eleven different countries fielded teams with squads from as far away as Japan and Argentina competing alongside the European entries. The event took place over four days and each day the entrants had five casts with a different weight; starting at 175g on day one, through 150g, 125g and then 100g on day four.
The final results were:
1. Italy A - 4 points (Gold)
2. Argentina A - 8 points (Silver)
3. England A – 13 points (Bronze)
1. Alessio Massa - Italy A (Gold)
2. Danny Moeskops - Belgium (Silver)
3. Roberto Perugini - Italy A (Bronze)
• Andy Copping - England A - 4th
• lan Varley - England A - 9th
• Jamie Blakeman - England B - 14th
• Lee Adams - England B - 18th
• Duane Lockwood - England B - 28th
• Stephen Boyt - England A - 29th
• John Hooley - England B - 30th
• Garry Dickerson - England A - 33rd
• Mike Dagnall - Individual - 39th
• Alan Bowden - England B - 43rd
• Dennis Retter - Individual - 59th
By the Same Author
- Men ordered to pay more than £1,400 for illegal fishing: a reminder...
- WIN Oakley Sunglasses with FM and Shade Station
- Whales sculpture highlights threat of plastic pollution to oceans
- Emma's Challenge - Part 23
- CELEBRATE THE 16TH WITH AN EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES!
- Clean up operation in full swing after deliberate fuel leak into Grand Union canal
- Emma's Challenge - Part 22
- Emma's Challenge - Part 21
- June Photo-Caption Competition!
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member