Record Fly-Caught Coarse Fish List
Dom Garnett is compiling a UK fly-caught coarse fish record list, and there are already some eye-opening specimens on it!
Including pike to over forty pounds, huge barbel and even giant bream and zander, angling author Dominic Garnett is attempting to compile a list of the best ever UK coarse fish caught on fly.
“As far as I’m aware it’s never been done seriously before, but the catches are sure to open a few eyes pretty wide,” he commented. “And with more anglers now trying it there will be some big shocks to come. I wouldn’t be surprised to see several of these records fall in the next few seasons. It’s very much an ongoing project.”
It’s all part of the ‘Fly For Coarse’ project, an annual competition and website that encourage anglers to challenge the boundaries of the sport. Any past or present record contenders are welcome, although the emphasis is on deliberate captures rather than accidental flukes - and photographic evidence is also a must. 2014 catches could also qualify for a competition prize. See www.flyforcoarse.com for further information.
Dominic’s site www.dgfishing.co.uk also includes further useful resources, such as his regular blog ‘Crooked Lines’, and a range of ‘Flies for Coarse Fish to order.
By the Same Author
- Angling Trust Announces New Freshwater Team Member
- Emma's Challenge - Part 20
- Angler’s Mail 26 May 2015
- The 20th Anniversary Barbel Society Show
- Emma's Challenge - Part 19
- New Appointments at Angling Trust
- Emma's Challenge - Part 18
- Angler’s Mail 12 May 2015
- Browning ‘Warhorse’ Classic Pole Match 2015
- Emma's Challenge - Part 17