Record Fly-Caught Coarse Fish List
Dom Garnett is compiling a UK fly-caught coarse fish record list, and there are already some eye-opening specimens on it!
Including pike to over forty pounds, huge barbel and even giant bream and zander, angling author Dominic Garnett is attempting to compile a list of the best ever UK coarse fish caught on fly.
“As far as I’m aware it’s never been done seriously before, but the catches are sure to open a few eyes pretty wide,” he commented. “And with more anglers now trying it there will be some big shocks to come. I wouldn’t be surprised to see several of these records fall in the next few seasons. It’s very much an ongoing project.”
It’s all part of the ‘Fly For Coarse’ project, an annual competition and website that encourage anglers to challenge the boundaries of the sport. Any past or present record contenders are welcome, although the emphasis is on deliberate captures rather than accidental flukes - and photographic evidence is also a must. 2014 catches could also qualify for a competition prize. See www.flyforcoarse.com for further information.
Dominic’s site www.dgfishing.co.uk also includes further useful resources, such as his regular blog ‘Crooked Lines’, and a range of ‘Flies for Coarse Fish to order.
By the Same Author
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Twelve
- River Kennet Revitalisation
- Angler’s Mail 25 November 2014
- Fish Legal Battle Reaches Court
- The RiverFest 2014 Final
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Eleven
- Anglers Challenge EU over Unacceptable Bass Proposals.
- Angling Trust RiverFest 2014
- FREE Learn How to Lure Fish for Perch Event
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Ten