Drennan Barnsley Blacks win Stillwater Team Championship
Report and results from the 2014 Stillwater Team Championships fished at Cudmore and Heronbrook.
Source: Angling Trust
Last Saturday (16 August) saw 18 teams line up for the second Stillwater Team Championships sponsored by the Garbolino Lindholme Fishery. There were five sections each on Cudmore and Heronbrook fisheries.
At the draw the team captains were apprehensive about how both venues would fish following a sharp overnight drop in temperature, and on match day itself there was a brisk, cool north-westerly wind.
It certainly looked as though the weather had impacted on sport in the early stages of the match, particularly at Cudmore, but as the anglers got it sorted the fishing was mostly good and in the end only C Section (Pool 1) at Cudmore fished well below par.
Individually the top ten anglers all clocked in excess of 40 kilos with Drennan Barnsley Blacks’ Nick Speed finishing top rod with a cracking 57.550 kilos from peg 2 on Match Lake at Heronbrook.
Three other anglers topped 50 kilos:
• Jon Arthur (Maver Midlands) 56 kilos
• Frankie Gianoncelli (Drennan Barnsley Blacks) 54.770 kilos
• Mark Fox (Maver Gold Bag’em) 54.410 kilos
With the exception of Drennan Barnsley Blacks’ Andy Geldart, who weighed 42.780 kilos from peg 17 on Arena, all of the top individuals were at Heronbrook.
Team-wise Drennan Barnsley Blacks scored 161 points out of a possible 190 to win their third major team title this year as four section wins and a second and a third saw them comfortably ahead of runners-up, the talented young Matrix Dynamite Trentmen, who totalled 138 points. Matrix Dynamite Baits Stapeley finished third with 136 points.
By the Same Author
- First TideFest is a Great Success
- Thames Fishery Research Experiment 2014
- Team England Crash to 16th Place in the 2014 World Championship
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Four
- Angler’s Mail 30 September 2014
- Preparation, Preparation, Preparation: Tony’s Specialist Scene
- The Angling Trust – Have Your Say
- Fishing with Emma: Winter Carp - Part Three
- Green Light for Thames Super Sewer
- The Tunny Club Exhibition