Good Luck.

Beaker

Reaction score
On the eve of the new season I would like to wish all barbel anglers, a successful new season.

Sad to say I wont be able to wet a line for the forseeable future, I have ruptured the large tendon at the base of my foot in two places and have been told to give it complete rest.

Anyway to all Tight Lines.

scottfell

Reaction score
Hard luck mate. If I am lucky enough to catch anything tomorrow I'll dedicate it to you. Cheers

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Having made a recce along the river yesterday I can say with absolute certainty that they (barbel) are in the river. Flashing away merrily in at least six swims accompanied by dozens of good sized chub. A little bait thrown in to encourage them to stay put.

I'm off blanking tomorrow!! :eek:

Bad luck on the foot front. Damn poor timing, or is it a World Cup thing? ;)

Reaction score
Our whiskers spawned over a month ago and for once the river has a little colour in, can't wait for tomorrow.

Good luck everyone! :)

Bad luck with the leg there Beaker...

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Yes - best of luck everyone. I'm jealous. I have to pick the missus up from the airport in the morning so can't be on the river with you - but I shall be there in sprit. Hope you all get your fishes granted

Beaker

Reaction score
Having made a recce along the river yesterday I can say with absolute certainty that they (barbel) are in the river. Flashing away merrily in at least six swims accompanied by dozens of good sized chub. A little bait thrown in to encourage them to stay put.

I'm off blanking tomorrow!! :eek:

Bad luck on the foot front. Damn poor timing, or is it a World Cup thing? ;)
Not a football thing, I wish I was on the bank,or is that blank.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Tomorrow eve on the Cherwell for me so no chance of Barbel, but the Chub always seem to oblige. Just happy to be back on running water. Can't get away for a Barbel trip til mid July.
Really sorry re foot Beaker, we'll get a trip in when you're mended.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
As usual I'm away on business so won't be fishing.

For many years I would take the 15th and the 16th off and get to the river or lake very early, if the lake then I'd get all set-up on the afternoon of the 15th and make that first cast at a few moments after midnight.

Tight lines to all for the Glorious 16th!