20lb Trent barbel?

Dave Burr

Reaction score
Yes, we were about due another 20lb Trent barbel, it must be nearly twelve months since the last one.

There will be a 10lb Wye chub along quite soon as well :rolleyes:

cg74

Reaction score
This wouldn't be said fish, would it: News

Because going on the fact that the writer of this article mis-spelt barbel, "barbell".
It'd be a fair assumption that the writer mis-typed the weight, 22lb should more likely been 12lb.

Easy mistake, one and two digits being in such close proximity to each other and holding the lllll kkkkeyyy down toooooooooo longgg...;):D

Reaction score
It was me! I caught it but I chucked the b*gger up the bank cos everyone knows barbel are only native in England's western rivers....

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
http://www.fishingmagic.com/features/diaries/13700.html

(original Magicalia FM article... where's the photos gone!)

Ron will be along in a minute...... he was telling me (at Boundary Park) about the staggering number of 20lb+ Trent barbel (but that was some time after the beer, wine, vodka, malt, etc etc started to flow). No publicity allowed apparently!

:wh

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
****y don't say anything about that 11lb chub we caught on the Wye the other day, if word gets out, we'll never be able to get a peg again.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
This wouldn't be said fish, would it: News

Because going on the fact that the writer of this article mis-spelt barbel, "barbell".
It'd be a fair assumption that the writer mis-typed the weight, 22lb should more likely been 12lb.

Easy mistake, one and two digits being in such close proximity to each other and holding the lllll kkkkeyyy down toooooooooo longgg...;):D

That's not A1 pits cg, have you got a link to the site klik?

Can ****y and Jeff stop being silly please.......this is serious!!!:wh

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
****y don't say anything about that 11lb chub we caught on the Wye the other day, if word gets out, we'll never be able to get a peg again.

By the way Jeff I had a 24lb barbbell last week from that stretch of the Don we fished. Forgot me camera and scales though so my mate estimated the weight for me.:wh

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Ive had my scales stolen

You mean Watch......................;)

I had a 25lb Barbel for tea last night, the boys and wife had 22lb Barbel each, and we gave the 30lb Barbel to the cats.

I see the otters are also eating some of the 20lb barbel, and the Otters are now weighing 150lb plus.

I had a call from a mate, who had 19 Barbel between 19lb and 23lb, and 6 over 23lb, all in just an hour, like catching minnows he said, but getting them in the jar was the hard part.......:eek:

flightliner

Reaction score
Ok the Barbel I was eating was 45lb.................
Had an eastern european friend over for a few days last week. When she came in the house she saw the photos of my big Barbel and carp that are hung in my hallway- She said how nice they were to eat- Christmas day at hers allways have a Carp about 4/5 kilo's !!. Told the good lady wife that she aint coming back!!(lol)