Any Tips for My First Stillwater Barbel

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Guys, I get the feeling that we are not treating this new section to the king of fishes,the prince of streams ,all hail the Barbel God with the true earnestness it deserves!

S

Shrek

"Guys, I get the feeling that we are not treating this new section to the king of fishes"

Sorry, didn't realise this was a Salmon forum.............!!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Barbel Slayer pole is best! Can only be an improvement on how I caught my one and only stillwater barbel; on a 3 metre whip, 20 hook, and 2lb line, up in the water, whilst catching roach in a match. It won me the match! (good job it was only 3lbs)

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Chris,
that's what my missus is having for Christmas now......

just got nowhere to put it:-(

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
the only stillwater barbel i have ever caught and landed were a couple of pups probably a pound each from makins fishery.they were caught on paste fished over pellets on a carp type pole.
the only other one,i hooked and lost at the net and estimated it to be about seven pounds.this was caught on a maggott feeder waggler/float,used on a carp pole again and the hook bait was fished about 6 inches below the trickle of maggotts.

N

NottmDon

Been away and come back to find this new Barbus forum,loved the title of this one and thought it might be a wind up,just what barbel fishing needs a sense of humour introducing. Apart from our regular Barmy Barbel Army articles people tend to be a little on the serious side these days. Better get my poncho....cant afford a coat as I spent all my dosh on barbel gear in realtree colours. I put it down in a field and now I cant find it lol!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Agreed Don. Fishing is my passion and I take it as seriously as anyone but sometimes you need to stand back a little and put it in the context of what really matters in this world of ours.