Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    little Stu! Guest

Dear All, I'd love to have a stab at Barbel fishing, would anyone happen to know where the nearest barbel run to Crowborough, East Sussex?

any help or guideance would be great!

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt Guest

The Rother about 10 minutes from you.

Bully Guest

Rother ? Didn't know that had barbel WoL. What about the Medway, Fordcombe, about 20 mins from the office.

Steve King Guest

Never tried there myself (yet!) but there's also the Teise, you can fish it on a day ticket from Frant Lakes.

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt Guest

Loads Bully, loads.

Bully Guest

You serious Steve? Frant, I always hear the banjo in my mind playing the tune from the Deliverance, when I think of Frant!!

Must have a reckie big man??

Steve King Guest

Serious indeed Bully, apparently the barbel population in the Teise is on the increase.... or so I'm told!

Deliverance?! didn't think it was quite so bad myself when I've fished the lakes at Frant ()

BLAM Guest

The "upper" Medway at Ashurst through Fordcombe to Pensurst and below contains a reasonable head of barbel. Controlling clubs are Royal Tunbridge Wells, Penshurst and Bromley.

South of you there is the Sussex Ouse that contains barbel as well above Lewes at Barcombe Mills and above. Controlling clubs include Isfield and Ouse Angling Preservation Society.

BLAM Guest

AFAIK there are no day tickets for the Upper Medway but I think you can get day tickets for the Ouse from local tackle shops.

little Stu! Guest

Thanks Blam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast