A.T. today

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sorry Jeff, and anyone else who isn't amused by it all.

njb51

Reaction score
could have sworn the apology from Paul was copy and pasted onto this thread, many pages ago.

B

BLAM

This is becoming like reality TV (perhaps "reality internet"?) No one claims to like it but everyone watches, reads and/or posts nonetheless.

fishy pete

Reaction score
did find it amusing at first ..........but then things started to get a bit tedious when people started stating the same things again and again and again..........

Paul. Owens

Reaction score
Hi All
I have found the post, it is under big Riks name on page 9. I wrote it in the early hours, just for clarity here is the post in full:

Ok I have this evening spoken with Steve Stones from A.T and he informs me that he cannot recall wether Bob did indeed mislead him, it is not in his notes. All that can be said is he got the information from Bob and it was mixed up somehow, somehow he was misinformed??

However he is willing to hold his hands up and take the rap for the mistake and an apology from him will appear it A.T next week.

Now then Bob,
You and I have been at logger heads since you wrote the derogatory article back in summer (Mr Angry) in which you personally abused me. I still stand by the statement: "We are barbel anglers not carp anglers". That means we are fishing for barbel and not carp, there is no more to read into it than that so before you start to twist the words round then don't bother.

Now it is the start of a new year and I feel time to forget the past. What has gone has gone. Would you like to wipe the slate clean and have a fresh start? I know I would. So I would like to say, " if you have been offended by some of my comments in the past then I would like to apologise here and now".

You have personally abused me in the past. You started it so let's finish it here.

Now are you man enough to apologise too?

End of post.

Now I see Bob has been on since and posted private e-mails too. His response is there for all to see.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Steve,

Thank you for making that statement and let me apologise to you for getting you embroiled into something that you really didn't deserve.

You strike me as an honest guy trying to do a difficult job against pressing deadlines but at least you are learning about the people you will have to deal with in the future.

We all make mistakes, and I mean ALL. When a surgeon does it someone dies. If a dentist does it the patient yelps a bit but for you to mix up details on what is and what is not a day ticket venue is hardly a treasonable offense.

But at least you now understand why I had to make a point of telling you that the upstream 27 pegs are not available to day ticket anglers!

True anglers would have shrugged their shoulders and maybe tipped you off on the quiet and left it at that.

Like I said when you rang, I don't want or need a retraction in the paper. I haven't seen this weeks paper as yet and probably won't see next weeks either as it's all pretty embarassing.

Don't let 'em grind you down kid.

And that, I hope, is an end to proceedings. Let's all ride off into the sunset...

In any case, don't you lot realise Big Brother is on TV? Did you see last night's twist with the nominations? Wicked or what!

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Thank God!

I am trying to find nekkid pictures of NextdoorNikki and every time do I think I have it does my orange headed bouncy smiley faced notifier pop up shouting at me

You have mail You have mail You have mailYou have mail You have mail You have mailYou have mail You have mail You have mailYou have mail You have mail You have mail!

Please for the love of all that is nude allow me some peace to surf the net and find the bloody pictures!!

Thankyou!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Blam wrote: "I wonder if the A.T. might look at this thread and notice how many responses (i.e. how much interest) there was compared to the purely fishing-technique related threads and start a fishing politics section of their own."

Hey come off it Blam, let them stick to commercial carping, leave the handbags at dawn stuff to FM!

W

Wolfman Woody

Not upset at all Graham, great fun, in some respects.

It illustrates that when someone has a bee in their pants about an issue, no matter what the truth is and how it is expressed by the opposition, they will never accept it is being the whole truth. They always want to keep their options open so they can have another pop on another day. It really is childish.

But such fun!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Funnily enough, some of the most entertaining TV is when they show a full blown debate in parliament. I love to see Blair humming and arreing like he did the other day.

We don't get enough of this great comedy in my opinion. Some of it even beats Dad's Army.

G

Gary Knowles

"Guys

In a bid to draw a line under this unsightly episode, I would like to add that the mistake I made in the article was just that, a mistake. I hold my hands up and apologise to all for

I know nothing of the 'previous' between Bob and the Barbel Society (of which I am also a member).

Bob was both very helpful and polite when I asked him for information about some decent day ticket stretches.

We are printing a correction in next week's paper, and I am just sorry it has caused such controversy.

I'd also like to congratulate the angler on what is clearly a belting fish. This seems to have been overlooked.

Now, let's all go out and catch some fish before the cold weather arrives next week.

all the best

Steve"

What a fantastic post from Steve, especially the bit about the actual fish being overlooked.

I hate to tell you all this but you are getting all heated up about pieces of wet cold flesh....

Yes, barbel are definitely the new carp ;o)

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Even got a more rat-like nose than a ratfish, eh Gaz?

Sorry guys, I too forgot to congratulate the guy who caught the fish but this was never about fishing, was it?

Anyway, I'm shortly going to jump in the car and drive down to the Trent to introduce a few chevins to my new wonder paste.

Now where shall I go...?

fishy pete

Reaction score
barbel society........carp society............same as.........same as.......

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Anyway, I'm shortly going to jump in the car and drive down to the Trent to introduce a few chevins to my new wonder paste.

Now where shall I go...?"

Bob,

How about

Fishing?

T

Tony Rocca

Water temp up to 8.2 Bob, should be good but nowt to do with your bait.

Its not a Chubbin day though in my book, no doubt they will have a nibble too though.