A.T. today

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Tony, in fairness to Bob you appear to be changing the nature of your allegation.

Originally it was that Bob had deliberatley misled the AT as to the pegs being available on day ticket bought on the bank.

Now, when it is clear that this was not the case, the allegation seems to be that he deliberatley drew attention to the fact that the pegs were syndicated and not available on day ticket to encourage poachers.

You can't have it both ways surely?

I have no wish to take sides but aren't you in danger of loosing credibilty if you pursue this?

T

The Monk

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwn,

another fasinating thread and you thought mine were bad?

MJ

Reaction score
in danger of losing credibility??

they both burnt that bridge about 3 threads ago!!

Mostboringflamewarever(tastic)!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

And all because of the species barbel.

Come on chaps, what is it about barbel that raises hackles. It's only another blinkin fish for goodness sake and it's not even difficult to catch.

Barbel fishing these days has been lowered to the realm of the thicky.

There is a great deal more skill in catching good river roach and trout on the fly than blinkin Barbus.

T

Tony Rocca

Nigel,
I think you missed the point but it doesnt matter.

Chaps, and since when did I ever have any credibility to lose on FM?

Bit of life back on the Barbel board, do I get a free cap Graham, bit better count than last Mondays other uninteresting thread :)

fishy pete

Reaction score
correct me if i am wrong chaps but is there not supposed to be rules in place on f/m somewhere to stop personal attacks on people/members of f/m???
sorry Tony but if this is not a blatant attack on Bob then could you tell me what would qualify as one?

not that i am taking sides or owt,dont really know much about history between Bob and yourself, dont really want to but you have forced the issue by posting thread .

if you really dont get along then perhaps an old fashioned duel may be in order?
handbags at dawn and the like?

D

Dave Burr

D'you know, I'm sensing a touch of ill feeling between Tony and Bob, anybody else noticed it?

Perhaps we should have them fish against each other for a day on the Trent, the winner will then decide whether they fight to the death with carbon or cane rods.

I know and like 'em both but I do wish they'd find some common ground for a change.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Tony, I see the point you were making on rereading.My final paragraph applies even more!

Definately now over and out!

fishy pete

Reaction score
or forget handbags what about those foam sumo suits!lol

now wouldn't that be a site to behold!!

T

Tony Rocca

Billy,
Blatant attack? Sounds about right to me mate.

Dave,
Common Ground?....er...um...nope, sorry cant think of owt. Oh, we both know you and Matt Brown, does that count?

Im getting past the stage of caring, can you tell.

fishy pete

Reaction score
just eating a pack of Noby's nuts, bloody lovely!
cant for the life of me think why i have never tried them before.......

no you can keep your walkers crisps, Noby's nuts for me from now on!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

So let's forget it.

It's becoming a total bore.

It's time this thread was put to sleep. We have far more exciting and entertaining things to discuss.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Tony,

From reading this thread it would appear that you made an argument, which you believed at the time to be based on correct criteria.

Bob has refuted your argument with factual evidence which you will be able to see in a forthcomng issue of the Angling Times.

Is it not time to accept that you were wrong (for possibly good reasons) and to simply appologise and move on?

I have been a regular reader and contributor to the FM forums for quite a while and I cannot for the life of me remember a more tiring period than these recent 'knocking' sessions, which at the moment seem to be unending.

The only saving grace as far as I can see is that Graham had the good common sense to open a Barbel Section which I thought at the time would be educational, entertaining and informative.
Sadly, it seems that its' main purpose is to provide you with a dedicated forum to continue your verbal fisticuffs with Bob Roberts.

Quite frankly Tony this is really becoming tedious!

You do yourself, nor your organisation, any good whatsoever with your continuous ad hominem attacks.

If, as you say, you are 'past caring' then maybe it is time for you to move on?

Reaction score
Mmmmm...discos in cheese and onion and beef flavoues are on offer at 20p in the Happy Shopper next door!

Get out and about and you'll always find something of interest ;-)