Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With all this lovely low pressure, rain, double figure daytime temps and mild nights, west/south-westerly wind etc it's got to be the best barbel window for a while?

Anyone else going for Bertie this weekend?

Mmmm the Lower Severn beckons...
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

Tony Rocca Guest

Tomorrow Dicky, weekends too late.

Judging by the latest Ribble reports the barbel haven't heard the good news yet.

Aw! Tony talk about barbel bubble bursting!

What have you heard that I missed? I can only get out at the weekend! Thought it was same all week?
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

great weather at the mo ! I'm out Thursday Friday and Saturday...........to take full advantage :-)
    Whats the weather doing after this weekend ?

Tony Rocca Guest

May be same all week but Trent flows are up with water temps jumping to 7c from 5.4 on Sunday.
    The sudden rise in flow is just as important as the temp.

Should be good all week but tomorrows the day.

Can someone please put some water in the Thames, thanks!

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Plenty went in on Sunday Jonny. I dont know how much difference it would make.I was talking to one of the owners of the big houses and he said he had not seen the river so low in all the time he had lived by the river.

Jonny, your welcome to some of our icy Welsh reservoir water, but you'll have to arrange collection!

It's the warm stuff falling from the sky that we're a bit stingey about!

Anyone got any tactics in mind for the weekend? I've decided to go with a tiny mesh (50p sized) of mini halibut pellets and the hook (10/12) topped with modest lump of meat or lobworm with well-glugged small source boilies as backup.

Well i'm hoping that the weather, the temperature and the trent are playing ball this weekend, and the beards are having it large. Not a lot to ask for is it? Too many blanks does that to a guy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast