Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100th thread!

BLAM Guest

I've posted regularly since the forum opened and have found it generally useful from a reference perspective. Barbel fishing also seems to polarise opinion so the political angle is well covered as well. But is there enough specific material relating to Barbus Barbus to warrant having a separate section or should it be rolled back into Coarse Fishing? What is there to discuss in the close season and doesn't it get covered in depth elsewhere (BFW et al)?

Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The universe
    Blog Entries

but its still the off season and things should pick up after june 16th and i think it should stay as it is got quite used to it being at the top of the forums listings.
    Chavender Floats
    I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Fred Bonney Guest

Anyway,why go to BFW,when you have all the help you need here.
    You'll only end up with some one disagreeing with you,just for the sake of it,on there. ;o0

I'm sure you would get some more hot of the press gossip, articles and comments.........if you didn't charge so much for advertising...!!!??

Graham

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester Guest

I heard a rumour that a certain group have bought themselves a large people carrier and comunal bivvy fo their weekend fishing trips.

Chris Pearson Guest

Baz,
    I hope you have got some evidence to support that allegation ;-)

Blog Entries

Evidence?

He sold them the vehicle and one of his confiscated bivvy's ;-)

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

That said and not wanting to hijack the thread ;-0

I am somewhat ambivolent to the Barbel Forum not having fished for them for a long, long time.

I suppose two schools of thought are evident:

1. It keeps some of the major arguments off of the Coarse and General threads, but . . .

2. Is there really enough content to justify a separate forum?

If I were to be honest then I'd have to say that giving the Barbel a separate forum only served to further segregate the Barbel angler from other Coarse anglers and adds to the 'cult' status that this fish has attained in recent years.

Still, each to their own.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

so by setting up a separate interest forum, the participants become segregated from the wider community eh? interesting concept peter..

can we have a bailiff forum? ;-)

Blog Entries

MJ, maybe my comment came across a little 'heavier' than intended - if the Barbel threads had remained within the confines of the General or Coarse forums then I am sure that a lot more FM readers would have seen and read them, as like me, I only open the Barbel forum once in a blue moon.

Mind you, I'd second a Bailiff Forum ;-)

Patrick F. McManus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast