Coarse fisherman magazine

Y

yoggy

Spiros,No probem.To be perfectly honest mate,i should think that there are quite a lot of anglers out there just like Mick who have achieved certain angling feats similar to his own but never advertise the fact.The angler whom i witnessed on the Ouse is just one example.Only when feats like this DO get advertised they are looked upon as impossible!!.

Jon Bedford

Reaction score
Just to add to the case for 218 Barbel from the wharfe in a year being obtainable. I used to fish short evening sessions 4-9pm on a peg at Spa, and any less than 5 fish in an evening was poor. Even saw 1o fish caught in a session in January after a heavy frost.

Such a shame the woman who owns the peg cut all the trees down in her back yard, and doesn't let anyone fish it anymore!

Beecy

Reaction score
try breaking into her bedroom window with a box of milk tray and a bag of pellets

Matty C

Reaction score
she will no doubt be impressed with the size of your rod, and will be sure to let you stay the night.

find out of shes married first though.. and accordingly, find out if the husband has a bigger rod than you.

Jon Bedford

Reaction score
Was told by her Gardner last year that the said property was a high class knocking shop! Not sure whether he was winding me up or not!

30 minutes with the rod in the peg, would cost me an arm and a leg

Beecy

Reaction score
sod the husband, if hes got any sense he'll be at the bottom of the garden trying for 218 barbel in a season

P

Phil Heaton

The rotten bugger threw all the cuttings into the water also....

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Here?s my take on this- I don?t know Mick personally never met him, but have followed his writings in CF for over ten years. In all the writings I?ve read, he seems a genuine guy and a gifted angler, who thinks about his fishing deeply and isn?t frightened to pioneer and discover good swims. The old saying ?put the time, thought and dedication in and reap the rewards!?

I seem to remember he is a fireman or was, and given this, he would work shift patterns most of us would love, 3 shifts on, 4 off or similar.

Based on what I?ve read of his writings, I would fully accept that he has caught the number of fish he says he has.

Turning to your criticism of him, it strikes me from your postings so far, you?re on a fishing expedition for information on the Wharfe, and picked criticism of Mike as the vehicle to get it.

If that was your purpose, then that is wrong and not the way to do it on this site.
People on here are quite free with the information they holed and will give it if asked for in a proper manner, even Tony Rocca

It?s a joke Tony, so get back in your pram!
OK in bad taste I know but???????

So perhaps you start another thread along the lines of?. I would like some info on the Wharfe please1 and see where that takes you.

Spiros

Reaction score
Phil,
Firstly I have never criticised Mick himself. I can't do because I have never met him or read much about him.

Secondly, I am not on a "fishing expedition for information on the wharfe" as you put it as I can and have done so already myself - although you can never learn enough about a river in my opinion.
It's a good job that I was not after information on the wharfe as nobody (bar a couple) seems to have a general knowledge of the water at all.Although most people replying have never fished the river extensively they seem to have accuracte forecasts on numbers of fished to be caught - make of that as you will?

Thirdly to conclude; so bearing in mind that was not the purpose of the post, i was merely stating my astonishment at the figures quoted.

T

Tony Rocca

Phil,

"and will give it if asked for in a proper manner, even Tony Rocca".

Not on the Wharfe, not these days I wont.

You were wrong Phil. :eek:)

Jon Bedford

Reaction score
Spiros,

If you've never read much about Mick Wood and his exploits on the wharfe, then you've not done the research on the river you'r fishing on. By all accounts a Wharfe legend (and a leeds fan to boot)

P

Emmm of course you haven?t!

P

Tony it's that good these days is it?
Long time since I fished it, mid 70s, but my club has a couple of stretches on it, may be I?ll give em? a go.

Spiros

Reaction score
Phil,
No I have not - just challenged the figures. there is a difference!

As this thread goes on no one has convinced me so far that this feat is possible. People have told tales of large catches in a single session which I do believe as I have done them myself, but to do this regurlarly over season is another matter.

F

Fred Bonney

I would suggest then Spiros,that you do read all you can about Mick Wood,you may well find the answers your looking for and, at the same have researched the river you claim to know so much about.

E

EC

"no one has convinced me so far that this feat is possible!"

Rocca, Meeghan, Bonney, Conway, Owens, Baron, Yoggy, Bedford, Hackett have all said it is possible.

If this doesn't 'convince' you then what will?

Write to the paper and ask them!

Right, crisps!

I'm still thinking about bags of Tudor, gammon flavour, anyone remember these?

Spiros

Reaction score
Fred,
I have never claimed to know everything about the river - please read earlier posts.

Eddie,
Most of the poeple who have replied appear by their replies not to have fished the river of fished it seldom although I am not doubting their motives - see earlier posts.

captain carrott

Reaction score
I have never claimed to know everything about the river - please read earlier posts.

so considering this and your minimal experience, how do you feel qualified to call the bloke who knows a lot more about it and is acknowledged as probably the countries leading expert on the subject a liar.

hedgehog flavoured eddie mate

Spiros

Reaction score
Carrott,
Beacause I have said that I don't know everything about the river why do you assume I have minimal experience? That's wild assumption to make.

If you are insinuating that I have called Mick a liar you are wrong - I have only challenged the figures quoted in a magazine.

I suggest you edit your post immediatley or the moderators do it for you as we are moving into slander territory.