Coarse fisherman magazine

E

EC

Spiros, you never did tell me/us what would convince you re: the barbel catches you questioned?

Spiros

Reaction score
Eddie,
Sorry I didn't reply to that one. I Have made efforts to contact Mick directly. If his response clears things up I will accept his claim.

Spiros

Reaction score
Eddie,
To be fair I don't expect you to justify someone else's claim, nor I hope you would me the other way around.

E

EC

I am not trying to justify anyones claim!

I am just wondering, still, what it was you were looking for on this forum that would convince you that the catch/es were genuine in the first place?

Spiros

Reaction score
Sorry, no probs Eddie!

I just wondered if anybody else had had similar catches on the Wharfe -not many people here fish the river regularly.
A few people have had good days , or who can catch a few,or know someone that has had a good day that's it.

E

EC

Well a shed load of fellas here dont doubt his catches mate, but I hope you get the reply you want from the man himself!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've deliberately allowed this thread to run as it is a prime example of how it is possible for the name of a well known and respected angler to be dragged through the mud.

My first inclination was to delete it, but, as I expected, there has been overwhelming support for Mick Wood which was good to see, as the world these days seems to be full of cynics who doubt there are other people who set standards rather than try to follow them and fail miserably.

S

Sean Meeghan

I think it might be as well that we let Graham have the final word on this thread as I'm not sure its going anywhere any more.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Good idea Sean. Apart from Mick Wood, should he wish to post to this thread (and if I was him I wouldn't) this thread is closed and any further posts to it will be deleted. In fact I'll delete the whole thread should Mick Wood request it.