Who is Spiros

Ginger

Reaction score
I`ve been reading the posts on the thread by Spiros Papaglimis and come to the conclusion that it must be another wind-up by that old bugger "Baz ( Angel of the north ).
Your thoughts please.

F

Fred Bonney

No, he's original.He tried this tack on BFW, but it was pulled!
My guess, and I may be wrong,is that it was considered close to the mark from a legal viewpoint.

C

Chris Bishop

The guy's new to the forum, how about we cut him some slack.

captain carrott

Reaction score
could you delete the previous one of mine chris on this thread i put it in the wrong place please

P

Phil Heaton

It seems that Spiros has an agenda, if he has tried the same line of bloody minded critiscism elsewhere. Its normal that new members to the forum break the ice with something a little less confrontational than this, which in itself makes me wonder what he is up to.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I agree he as gone about joining our little community the wrong way. As with joining any community or group you should introduce yourself to everybody. Let people get to know you and you them. This way you will be taken seriously if you come out with a comment that is not accepted and you will trust what people say in response.

Ged Lineham

Reaction score
Where are you when you're needed Chris P ?...you're good at anagrams...so who is spiros poppi...polli...pippi...the.the.....whatever!!!!!!????

C

Chris Pearson

Ged,
Best I can do I'm afraid:

A GAIL PISS IS MR POP(E)

(sorry Steve)

S

STEVE POPE

All I can add to this and the other thread is to say that having known Mick Wood for many years he is not just one of the good guys, he is a superb angler and writer as well. The angling world in general could do with more characters like Mick who are genuine to the core.

It truly saddens me when I read some of the utter rubbish on internet forums.

Chris, no worries mate.

captain carrott

Reaction score
i got edited when i said he was talking rubbish so how come steve can say it.

C

Chris Bishop

Because Steve's speaking in general terms and your post was slightly over the top and directed personally at someone.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

He does exist -- he ran in this in 2003:

The Great Sheffield Half Marathon ,
and came
1768th in a time of over 2 hours

1768 Spiros Papaglimis, Unat. 2:14.53.