Ironbridge, river severn

Andrew Hodson

Reaction score
Hi, my first post , so be gentle with me.
A mate and i have just come home from fishing the severn at Bridgnorth , good sport with all fish around the 6lb-7lb mark. As Dean says above, they are not taking 14mm pellets but if you use 8mm either single of doubled up you will catch.

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
on the severn after work very low . had Loads of chub and 6 barbel . all on 10 mm or 8 mm pellets fishing with long hook lenght . kept changing with open end to a block feeder. ps hi Andrew and welcome

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
on at coalport just got new to some new water there ,Doing ok so far nothing of any size to write home about . I fished the quat a few times

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Fished friday afternoon, finished when 3 muppets moved into the swim next to me, and started casting into my spot...(abusive w*nk*rs...ggggrrrr).

Fished saturday night, 5 barbel to 5.5lbs. Nice

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
going fish around coalport again not to sure what to do yet need some rain. Any one been out this week ?

Andrew Hodson

Reaction score
I went to the Ribble on the Tickled Trout section on Friday night. What a waste of time. Levels are way too low, and loads of floating weed making it almost impossible to fish. Think i'll wait for some rain........

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
said its going to rain tomorrow if so i be out on sunday and mid week. Too low and clear BRING ON SOME RAIN !

Stephen Williams 2

Reaction score
Hi all,
I normally post on BFW but have decided to "spread my wings a bit".

I live in Bridgnorth, so if anyone is heading down that way, I am happy to try to give up to date info as to how the river is fishing and the conditions.

I tend to spend most of my Barbel fishing time on the Lower Severn, but I do also fish the Bridgnorth area and a stretch above Shrewsbury.

Steve

john charlton 2

Reaction score
alright stephen and welcome,i was down bridgnorth 3 weeks ago for a couple of days.fished the golf course stretch,1 barbel 6lb lost 1 a few dace and chub.went to highley and blanked.i fished pellet but also maggot.any ideas of other stretches to try around bridgnorth,i fancy a weeks fishing maybe september time.
thanks for any response
john

Stephen Williams 2

Reaction score
Morning John,

Some of the "free" water in the town can be very good, there are a number of swims that can produce not only lots of Barbel, but some good sized fish (for the Severn) too.

Where were you thinking of staying?
Hampton Loade (Unicorn Inn) has some good fishing, but NOT the field with the campsite in it =) IMO.
Either above of below, or on the opposite bank.

Email me if you want specifics.

Steve

john charlton 2

Reaction score
afternoon stephen,
i tried to mail you but it says this member wishes to keep his details private.could you email me specifics,i forgot to mention i pulled in to the right hand carpark and stood on the ferry at hampton loade on the way to bridgnorth!a lovely gravel bottom was going to try it on the way home but fished highley instead.
thanks stephen for any pointers
regards john