Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Geoff Cowen Guest

Has anyone fished this stretch of the Avon?

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member) Guest

Yes, in 1997.

Had various catches from here including some nice roach and a 9lb barbel on a large bunch of maggots, fished below the weir.

Geoff,

You have mail.

Danny.

Geoff Cowen Guest

Thank Ron & Danny.

Not fished Manor Farm but had a great day
    here

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/anchormeadow/index.htm

A few years ago its just up the road

Regards steve

Is it me Steve, or is that guy with the three arms holding up a carp/barbel hybrid???!!!

Geoff Cowen Guest

It does look like a Carp with the back half of a Barbel added. It must be something in the water, after all the block has grown an extra arm!

Geoff Cowen Guest

Just got back from Evesham, I had three night sessions which produced 7 Barbel 2 Chub and 1 Bream. The two best Barbel were 9lb 15oz and 10lb 14oz. Not bad for my first trip to the Avon.
    The only down side to the trip was the Caravan site was very noisy and the shower block was disgusting. The staff also had a terrible attitude when told about it, to say the least they were very rude.

EC Guest

Well done on your catch Geoff, pity a poor attitude and bit of basic hygiene went amiss.

It does make a big difference, maybe someone who visits this site will tell the owners!

How about a review section for fisheries/facilities Graham?

Nice one Geoff, hope the info helped a bit in your catches.

I was a bit surprised in what you said about the site though as we have never experienced any real noise in three stays there and the owner has never been anything but helpful towards us. Fair comment on the shower block which is a bit pants but then we never used it much prefering to use the facilities in the caravans.

Danny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast