PM RODS HIGH TRIPOD

jethro

Reaction score
if not im gonna follow matts advice and get a horizon pod

Hi m8

I copied matts idea and its spot on. Used it on the tidal Trent in flood, solid as a rock.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
I'm happy with my Lidl's tripod ,but i do know people who use these ones
tbr2_full_view-5.jpg

from http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/shops/traffordangling/index.php?cat=Trafford_TBR2_Tripod

and have seen them in action and seem sturdy enough.

Reaction score
thanks chavender , looks a decent bit of kit . the area that i intend to use this pod is very rock & theres no chance that you can sink your rod rests , do you think this would be ok free standing .

it surprises me that there isnt more of these pods available !

alan

Reaction score
have a look around for an ian golds tripod used be beach anglers. lots of differant bits you can buy for them to lock the legs, hang traces from, bait holders, stakes to pin them to the ground, etc.

ive had mine for a few years, nice and light, strong and very stable. ive used it in a force 9 on the beach with out problem.

F

Fred Bonney

I've got the one from Trafford Angling,lightweight ,top piece of kit!

My ownly suggestion is the buzzbar could be a bit longer,for me the rods tend to be a bit too close together.

I've used it with one rod,doesn't tip,as long as you spread it's legs/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Harry,it's great freestanding,just make sure of the above.

Chris Owen 2

Reaction score
use the trafford tripod also. very good piece of kit although will still use banksticks whenever possible.

D

David Powell 3

I've now upgraded to the Trafford 'pod and it's a good piece of kit. So far the plastic collars have held up wellalthough I'd have preferred to have seen them in brass. Oh, andthe cups could easily be made smaller. Minor gripes though.

Dave