Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jan Porter Rig

Phil Hatton Guest

I read about this somewhere this week, can anyone enlighten me as to what it is.

Gary Knowles Guest

do you mean for fishing feeders ?

Phil Hatton Guest

Possibly,
    it was in an article about barbel fishing, I think it was this months CF, a piece about Yorkshire Rivers. It was mentioned in the context of being a 'safe' rig.

Lee Swords also mentioned it in the Angling Star, and I too was wondering what it was.

Lee ?

paul williams 2 Guest

Bet it is camoed up!

Robert Woods 1 Guest

Is it the loop one ie series of smaller loops in mainline with feeder running in largest one. Smaller loops act as an anti tangle rig.

No, I think you will find that it is basically a tail rubber and run ring or Large bore swivel(a la Korda)set up to a swivel then your rig off the other end of the swivel-either Quick change,Gemini clip(my favourite)or tied direct.

put on the run ring(john roberts or similar) then the tail rubber then tie on a swivel (or Gemini clip as i do)and pull the rubber down onto it so that the swivel dissapears inside and the run ring then slides onto the tail rubber until tight,very safe and provides a cheap way of bolt rigging without the need for too many gizmos also easily pulled away from the rubber in the event of a break off

hope that explains it
    Regards Matt

Gary Knowles Guest

thats it.

I have a picture if anyone wants to see it. I'll send it to Graham.

The most importantt hing is it is safe, unlike the 'safety clip' used for carp fishing which is a tether rig for anything under about 15lbs....

Phil Hatton Guest

Thanks for the info Matt, I'll give it a try. Gary,I would like to see a pic, if possible, just to make sure I get it right.

Gary Knowles Guest

Phil - I've sent details to Graham - they should be online soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast