Greys prodigy Specimen rod

Iceman

Reaction score
I have the chance to get hold of a greys prodigy specimen rod the 12 foot twin tip one , a 1.5lb tc and a 2lb tc , will this rod suit the trent and 10lb main line ?

Also I have decided to get only one club ticket next season I'm favouring the Notts AA , can anyone offer advice please ?

C

chris 2

Ive used the rod this season on the trent. 10lb main line,6oz feeders no problems at all.Not used the 2lb tip yet still waiting for a big flood.Very impressed even thinking about buying another.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Excellent rods Iceman i always use these when i visit the Trent for the fish-ins. On the Ribble also use the 1.5Ib in summer and the 2Ib in flood conditions etc.

P

paul williams 2

The prodigies i have held feel heavy and unbalanced.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Were they matched to the right size reel paul.

People seem to forget the reel can unbalance a rod. To heavy and the tip always wants to lift to light and the tip feels heavy.

Also if your fishing with the rods on some kind of rest then it's not as important as if you are holding the rod all the time as in float fishing or touch ledgering.

P

paul williams 2

Yep i matched them to a reel, after over 40yrs of rod waggling though, i can feel what suits me.....have to say i only waggled it in the shop tho ;)......i have done it a few times now with different models......and i still think they feel heavy and unbalanced......compared to say my maver.

But others no doubt love em......

P

paul williams 2

sorry my Daiwas!.......i'm getting my Maver sorted for a roach session!

Iceman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies unfortunately missed out this time but may pay full price for one