sonu baits barbel and carp paste anygood?

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
I think so, I have caught plenty of chub on them and a couple of barbel with the paste around the soft pellet, the soft pellets are really oily and smell pretty decent.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have used the bags of hali-pellets in various sizes and they are superb IMO! I have also used the bottles of barbel and carp flavours, and they too are superb, well they are owned by preston inovations!!

mark

cheef87

Reaction score
cheers guys i have 8mm halibuts pelleto's theyre called ive caught barbel on them il mould it round these will tell you how i get on

richiekelly

Reaction score
i tried the soft pellets this seaon for barbel, i noticed that after a while in the water the pellet had swollen, when i took it off the hair i chucked it into my swim and it floated, they went in the bin.prefer to use stuff i have mafe myself, i know whats in them then.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Sonubaits 'S' pellets are by far and away their best bait. Hookable & hair-rigable and have caught me decent barbel, chub, tench, carp and bream.

The halibut version of the same pellet probably tastes ok to the fish, but the colour leaches out very quickly and I have had much less success with them.

I always carry a tub of mixed hook-bait pellets with me and the 'S' pellets are always in that mix.

R

Royffey

tried a pot of cheesy hemp and garlic hookbaits and paste last season during summer months, leak off flavour for hours, v oily, saw fish from fishers green to 13lb 10oz caught on them during the summer, tho the high oil attractant and aroma they give off, the crayfish soon homed in on and it was game over... good stalking bait from what i saw, wasnt keen on paste tbh tho as didnt stay on well and was different to "matching hookbait"

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All sonubait bait is superb, but be careful with the pellets, some of them are designed for pole use (the soft ones) and are no good for casting. the best ones are the hali-hookers and the s-pellets, best bait I have ever used!!
I also use the range of liquid flavours and they are really potent for the money! the carp and barbel range are really smelly....the garlic and sausage one stinks...and the fish love it!!
mark

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score
I've never used Sonubaits pastes, so can't really comment. I have used their pellets though and they're fairly good but no better, no worse than far cheaper versions.
One thing I hate about them is that they wash out very quickly. Some might say this is a good trait but unless you are expecting instant results a prolonged leaching period is more desirable.

chav professor

Reaction score
I don't like the paste - I don't know if I bought a faulty one, but it did not stay on the hook very well.

Paste is easy to make. Bait buffs can suggest something better, but powdered trout pellets and any bollie mix 50:50. Add a couple of eggs and if you wish a flavour - I use the sonubaits hemp and spicey sausage flavour (it is very pungeant) or garlic sausage concoction that Vision baits put together for me - its much, much cheaper that way.

Works for me and i've had carp, chub and barbel on it. I sometimes use it as a wrap around a pellet or a bollie.

The advantage of buying the flavour (the sonubaits one) is that you can use it to flavour luncheon meat if you wish...