Paste for barbel

TonyStone

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im looking to make a paste, based on the dynamite baits source boilies.
Is it just a case of knocking up the base mix with a few eggs?
I should I make up a paste based around a fishmeal groundbait and just add source liquid to it?
Or is there a different way i can make this up?

captain carrott

Reaction score
make base mix as normal but don't roll or boil shove in air tight jar stick in fridge use within a week or so.

captain carrott

Reaction score
i have frozen other pastes never made that one so i don't know how it would react to freezing, best bet is to make a small ammount and try it. i just stick my pastes in glugg pots.

Robbie H

Reaction score
Hi Tony,
have been using the Source as paste for a few seasons now. Not for barbel but river carp. try mixing it with a little garlic powder, works a treat when the temp falls.
It is ok to freeze, just defrost in the fridge over night.
I have also had good results by mixing the source with nutrabaits trigga ice. Bit expensive, but works. But then trigga ice paste works well on its own!
One tip is to add a little corn oil, bought from any supermarket, as it helps keep the paste pliable in the cold.
Overall though Tony, paste is a great bait to experiment with. Have a search on FM, loads of threads regarding paste and chub. And I'm sure the topic will be of discussion very soon looking at the weather forecasts.
Good luck mate.

TonyStone

Reaction score
Robbie,

Many thanks for the info mate, Im gonna get the ingrediants and knock some up this week.

Cheers for the tips mate, very much appreciated

Tony