Paul Owens resigns

P

Phil Litin

Very sad to see Paul Owens has resigned from the Barbel Society and as R.O.,Went to quite a few of the Yorkshire meetings which where are really enjoyable experiance,Paul will be an hard act to follow.Phil

P

pons

Why is that,then Phil.
Surely not another high profile ousting by the top table mafia.
Is the BS in meltdown ?
Pons.

E

EC

CHEESE AND ONION*!

Hello lads, long time no see, hear, read, speak about crisps!

*radio silence broken

C

Chris Pearson

Tone,
Bit harsh that one,Greg might have a bit of a stripe up his back but he's always been good to Paul,unlike some who we won't mention ;-)

C

Chris Pearson

Bloody 'ell Eddie I genuinely was only wondering yesterday where you had been hiding.
Great to see we've dragged you out of retirement mateo!

honslow

Reaction score
Hi guys! Blow me why don't ya! Yellow stripe? Streak of piss yourselves!
Still sat on that same old cheap stretch of the Trent that you misguidedly think no one will ever get off you? I've been saving up all year and reckon Barnsley might rent it me next year! Your grip ain't quite as secure as you think Tone...
Sorry to hear about Paul - top bloke and a good barbel angler. I imagine the Society will miss him, especially in his local region, where he's put in maximum effort.
He caught whackers for my camera (when I figured out how to use it!) and that's always a tough call.

matt

Reaction score
Eddie great to hear you again especialy on a thread like this.
Youv'e already brightened up my day with your 'idiosyncratic ' humour.

Just re-discovered DISCO'S salt and vinegar
Hmmm fingelickincrunchtastic

C

Chris Pearson

Greg,
Ooh er !!!
Genuinely thought you'd have it in the bag!
Sounds like you missed the scoop then,shame I've actually ordered a copy for tomorrow(they only get 2),hope it's got something else in of interest.
Chin chin,
Chris

T

Tony Rocca

Greg, glad to see your still nipped, sorry to hear you have to save up for the good things in life......you ought to get a good job. ;0)

P

pons

I too like Paul,straight talking,and not full of bullshit like a few others on the top table.
There's more to this than meets the eye,which no doubt will out in time.
Pons.

F

Fred Bonney

Pons,it's all there on the Private website, you should join up....;o)

K

Keith Truscott

Fred,
some of us have tried that, Pons included. Shame about Paul though, but perhaps he came to the same conclusion as others did.

Defense and support is admirable providing it is not given blindly and "status quo" should be constantly challenged and questioned. As I'm sure your aware unless you change to suit todays times and market place any organisation will not grow. Sadly this seems to be a minority wish and status quo remains.

Trust your getting a few.
Keith

Paul. Owens

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments lads, it's good to know who your friends are.

Yes Keith you are right things must move on to change with the times. Stand still and get left behind. At the moment it seems to be going backwards.

F

Fred Bonney

Keith ,I've come to the same conclusion too.
I was aware of course of Chris,Dave and yourself.
It's just that I was hoping that one or two of you ex's, would have enlightened me earlier.
That was my purpose, in winding you up some while ago, on here.

K

Keith Truscott

Fred, I apreciated that at the time so it was no problem and I think you and I know each other reasonably well for it not to cause a problem. Perhaps some of us have higher ethics and aspirations than some, who's to say who's right or wrong.

Paul, it gives me no pleasure to be right on this, but backwards seems to be a true description, bit like the membership numbers from what I hear.

Don't get me wrong I still think the principles of the society are good and would be the first in the line to rejoin should things alter, but until the wind of change blows through my money stays in my pocket.

Keith

honslow

Reaction score
Whatever Tony... Or should I say Whatsit?
Not sure where you can see a scoop Chris. Do many of our 60,000-plus readers really care much about the inner workings of a single species group? We publish their dates and handling code.
I think Paul's a top bloke (as I'm sure he knows) but how their committee does business is more interesting to their members than our readers I suspect.