Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A new Wye venue

Default A new Wye venue

Hello guys , i am off to the Wye in a weeks time , but for 1 of the days i will be fishing a stretch new to me . This stretch being the Wye Lea at Bridstow.Has anyone fished here /opinions of.

2. Default Re: A new Wye venue

Hi Chaucer. You will enjoy The Wye Lea Fishery its a lovely place to fish, Plenty of Barbel and Plenty of swims to fish, I will be there in 3 weeks time for a couple of days, I am sure you will enjoy your time there, Good Luck

Ray Thorpe

3. Default Re: A new Wye venue

Quote Originally Posted by chaucer View Post
    Hello guys , i am off to the Wye in a weeks time , but for 1 of the days i will be fishing a stretch new to me . This stretch being the Wye Lea at Bridstow.Has anyone fished here /opinions of.
    Hi Chaucer, Fished Wye Lea at Bridstow at the weekend Lovely place, and had a few fish, how did you get on there.

Regards Ray Thorpe

Default Re: A new Wye venue

Hi Ray,its a long story but did not get to fish at Bridstow but walked the stretch,not the same as wetting a line!
    Will be back there for sure,looked a lovely stretch with many swims to try .

Hi Neil.(Chaucer) Yes the Wye Lea is a very nice stretch of river. Been guiding there for 4 years and very enyoyable. Finish at the end of this month and for my last season guiding could not have asked for a better finale. I have been a guest of the owners who are my friends.

Well done on your barbel captures on the syndicate Crookham stretch of the Kennet. Plenty of barbel there as well and to think you can fish the opposite bank just by joining the Thatcham Fishing club. Its often very peaceful and lots of fish.

Bit confused by the other posters comment about fishing there a couple of weekends ago though.

As I assist with the fishery daily he wasn't seen and his name is not listed as (as all anglers are)coming since being blacklisted.

Indeed its sad to say he was banned after a previous visit on the 7th August for unsporting behaviour and also listing a private/personal phone number on this site to the Owners home. (thank you mods for removing it)

I also re iterated his ban to him when I saw him on the Kennet as well as a couple of weeks after his 7th August visit. I left hi8m in no doubt he was not welcome.

So either he broke the ban and came again with an alias - and was not seen by either the baliff or me or is simply dreaming. Heaven forbid he would simply be trying to make it busy to spite me.

6. Default Re: A new Wye venue

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Elliott 3 View Post
    Hi Neil.(Chaucer) Yes the Wye Lea is a very nice stretch of river. Been guiding there for 4 years and very enyoyable. Finish at the end of this month and for my last season guiding could not have asked for a better finale. I have been a guest of the owners who are my friends.

Well done on your barbel captures on the syndicate Crookham stretch of the Kennet. Plenty of barbel there as well and to think you can fish the opposite bank just by joining the Thatcham Fishing club. Its often very peaceful and lots of fish.

Bit confused by the other posters comment about fishing there a couple of weekends ago though.

As I assist with the fishery daily he wasn't seen and his name is not listed as (as all anglers are)coming since being blacklisted.

Indeed its sad to say he was banned after a previous visit on the 7th August for unsporting behaviour and also listing a private/personal phone number on this site to the Owners home. (thank you mods for removing it)

I also re iterated his ban to him when I saw him on the Kennet as well as a couple of weeks after his 7th August visit. I left hi8m in no doubt he was not welcome.

So either he broke the ban and came again with an alias - and was not seen by either the baliff or me or is simply dreaming. Heaven forbid he would simply be trying to make it busy to spite me.
    Hi Graham, I did fish at the Wye Lea, when we arrived we drove past the grey haired old man in the dressing gown who waved at me and Fred, and the phone number you said you had removed still seems to be there. and is on many other sites as it is a day ticket fishery which you have to book to fish, And you say you are a Fishing Guide, I dont think running up and down the banks of The river Kennet is a good way to try and catch Barbel. do it in my swim again and i will report you to the Head Bailiff who i understand knows you very well, Regards Ray Thorpe

Blog Entries

Hope you're well on the way to be fully recovered Ray.

Ah, that day, I remember it well. A great get together, nice little B&B pub afterwards too.

I didn't realise you had to go through a guide to fish the stretch, I did wonder at the time why the public number for booking a day on the fishery was deleted from your original post !

Yes I remember it Fred.

As I said before it was the 7th August. (Actually it was the 6th) Would you like to confirm it.

Therefore a post made in October made by a banned individual saying he had fished it at the weekend and caught fish might be considered..........inaccurate to FM members.

I am very clear who inspired it though. Just another example.

ps. If you find it hard to confirm the date Fred. It's in your August Blog. And it carries a remarkable reference to the same old man Ray mentions.
    Last edited by Graham Elliott 1; 15-10-2011 at 16:21.

9. Default Re: A new Wye venue

Mods this is going to get nasty suggest you do somthing about it

Why would that be Ray?

I fished there myself week before last (as an invited Guest) and my understanding is that the owners do NOT want their details plastered all over the 'net.

Maybe you should have had the courtesy to ask them first?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast