rother at rother valley.

D

DAN.

river rother,
can anyone suggest a good area to fish around sheffield on the Rother?
thinking of having a bash this weekend at rother valley.any ideas are welcome .

Beecy

Reaction score
the Rother looks nice in the country park itself, but the banks are a nightmare

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I've tried fishing the section that runs from the bottom of Eckington hill towards Killamarsh a few times but not had a bite. I've also walked along this part in the closed season throwing bits of bread in and never seen any fish rising to take them. Any one hadcany better luck here? I only live 10 minutes away and it would be great to here that some one has caught here - then I might give it another go.

Tally Ho

S

Sean Meeghan

What we need to do is arrange for a few of us to meet on a stretch and give it a good going over. The bit where the M1 crosses it looks good.

D

DAN.

not a bad idea sean im up for that!
lee i fish the river at stavely and enjoy some good sport with bread for chub and the occasional suprise that comes along.
have heard that there is some cracking sport where the Rother meets the Don.
and also the spot near the pump station near the m1.

D

DAN.

just been told about barbel that have shown at the park but dont know how big they are?
anyone herd of any?

T

Tony Rocca

There are barbel all the way through it Dan if you try.

Beecy

Reaction score
Sean/Dan, the bit that runs under the M1 looks difficult as the banks go straight down. But just a couple of hundred yards upstream is the Catcliffe stretch that has seen a lot of work done to it by the local club to make the banks safe.

Id be up for a mini fish-in on here. John Ledger is the man for info on this bit, he has fished it a lot and is a good friend of the club secretary ( he has an article on it in this weeks angling star)

Ive not fished catcliffe myself but went for a walk along the strech last winter, it is split into day ticket above the railway bridge and members only below it ( books are about ?10/12 from memory, day tickets ?2-3)

I only walked the day ticket bit and to be honest didn?t like the look of it, the platforms were far too high up the bank for my liking and the place had a bit of a grotty feel to it, loads of crap in the river and on the banks

From what John has told me though the members bit is a lot better, with a wider variety of types of swims