buying new line

leebob

Reaction score
hi all
i've just started fishing for the mighty barble! i'm fishing on the lea in hertfordshire,i'm having great success with chub,two 4.lb & one 5.lb my first!
I'm looking to change my line, i'm using maxima "chameleon" 8.lb at the moment,I know it's meant to be invisible! But the waters gin-clear,so i seem to be spooking the barble!any advice on line!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Hi Leebob.
Well done on your first chub. A five pounder is a really good fish.

I used maxima for years and had no intention of changeing. However, I expierience clear water at times so I tried Krystonite in the 6 lb range for the chub. I haven't gone back to Maxima. I also use Krystonite in 8lb for Tench fishing when there are Carp about. It handles them no problem. Great line.

I use a knotless knot on the hook, and a polamar on the swivel.

leebob

Reaction score
thanks baz.
krystonite sounds good, i'll give it a try.When you say you use a knotless knot you must be useing a hair-rig! When i've tried this,i can see the chub picking up the bait,but missing the hook!am i doing something wrong?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Hi leebob,

You must almost be on my doorstep.

Your problem might be that your hair rig is to long. P.Line. line is another you might want to look at Simpsons of Turnford sell it as they do Krystonite.

leebob

Reaction score
cheers ray,
yes mate!,very much on your doorstep!I
fish at marford farm as part of the vac. I can also fish at turnford,but not yet had the pleasure! as to the hair rig problem,i'll try it shorter!

leebob

Reaction score
yes mate turnford does sound good,but i think as it's my first season fishing for barble,i'll better start small!