severn at bridgnorth

D

dave mac

supposed to be hitting bridgenorth on friday 20th. assured by where i,m staying the river is o.k.
i no the river can change from day to day but would like to no off the real anglers what its like at the moment. havn,t had a chance to even start the season yet so don,t want to start with a crap w/end and don,t see many reports.
any info welcome
cheers dave mac

G

Ged

Just got back from a weeks hols in that area. Did not fish but what I saw of the rivers etc, water coloured and plenty of it running through.

D

dave mac

cheers ged first no no for next week.
can,t beleive the weather for the start of the season. only like the rivers now "must be an age thing" so only get nine months of the year and then for the first month it throws it down.
i take the missus down with caravan so think i might have to cancell and sneak off to ribble for a few days
cheers again ged

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
Dave the river is fishing well. I been fishing just above bridgenorth . I use meat the other week in the high floods i had 10 barbel in just over a few hrs .

Reaction score
Fishing quite well a few miles down stream (highley) , had 6 barbel and a chub in 5 hours (biggest barbel was 8-7) . Some pegs are abit dodgy so extra care needed , abit obvious but could do with no rain for a few days but according to the forecast its gonna heave down until at least the weekend (fished on the 16th)

Andy Singleton

Reaction score
Check out the Web Cam on "Barbel Now" web site, follow river conditions, its updated as often as you will need it.If your not familiar with the river here, when its low you will see a large gravel bar about 3/4 way across, with just a stream running behind. You can see the river looking over the bridge in low town. I'd say there's about 2-3ft on today!

D

dave mac

what a gang of top dollar boys.
all you,re emails have made my decision i,m going specially after looking at web cam. done b/north loads of times and just looking at web cam makes me want to go back.
steve can,t wait for you,re report posit
ive or not but hope you have a good day. 2-3ft not a lot andy ive fished it worse but lets hope this weather subsides a bit to give use a better season.
cheers again boys
dave mac

Steve Thursby

Reaction score
hi dave
managed to get a couple of hours in today, the river was farly coloured, receading slowly, managed to geta couple out and lost a few. some problems with the weed on the line, but generally ok, definatly worth a trip.
getting bites on halibut pellet and meaty marine bollie.but could'nt get to my first choice of swim but ill try again in a few days.

steve

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
Just got back fished for 4 hrs had 13 barbel all on meat roaming around biggest just under 8 lb . All on the middle severn good after fishing i must say !

B

Bully

Went over the river just above Atcham yesterday evening and looked a bit up and coloured.....so probably spot on for the barbs! Definitely not too flooded.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You probably know this by now but in its present condition the river at B-North is un-fishable to all but the most experienced who know the river well.