Mission accomplished

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Today was my last chance to get on to a river before the closes season starts, so i decided to give throop another go. I expected it to be chocker block full but lucky it wasn't and I had a good choice of swims.

At 9am this morning, after fishing for about 2 hours I had my first bite and I managed to land my very first barbel, weight 12lb5oz.

Sorry about the bad picture but I was shaking from head to toe.

DSC00214.jpg

I'm still shaking like a leave, my very first bertie and a double too, thinks couldn't get better, so I thought but then I managed a new PB chub too 4lb4oz.

Lucky me this time a passing angler took a pic of m and the chub.

DSC00215.jpg

I can't describe how I feel, guess I am in cloud 7 because I did it on my own. It feels such an achievement.

P.S Sorry Steve and Wendi Spiller for waking you up guys, just had to share the news with someone/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Cracking fish Claudia well done on your first barb and what a cracker. How long before you get a biggerone though /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Good on you Claudia, and as you say a double as well.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

A good days fishing. You dont get much better than 2 PBs in a day. You'll beat that Chub no problem, get back down, looks spot on. What you have the Barbel on? Boilie?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Claudia I am really proud of you and chuffed to bits for you.

I know how much it meant to you doing it on your own, you could have had a go in ****y's swim last week but refused because you wanted to do it yourself.

Good on you mate and what a way to open your barbel account with a 12lber......bloody brilliant! And another pb chub!

Get in there mate, you deserve a large drink tonight and don't worry about waking me up................I love starting the day on a high! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well done Claudia, You deserve it, nice photo,s too./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Many, many congratulations Claudia, very well deserved. You sounded in quite a state on the phone this morning! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Wol is right, the Stour was spot on this weekend. Saturday was pretty good for me but nowhere as good as today for you.

A 12lb+ is difficult at any time of year and in any conditions and from that particular pacy swim as well! AND A FIRST BARBEL AS WELL.

Your perseverance paid off, sometimes these milestones occur atmost unexpected times......chub from the Itchen.........double figure barbel in mid winter....!!

Take the week off work and go anywhere you choose........you'll catch where ever you go!!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Thanks all....you right Steve it meant a great deal to me to have managed it on my own, it's such a fab feeling of achievement.

Wol I caught it on a 8ml soft pellet (and I cheated too) I put 2 maggots on the hook too/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil,

I am still in a state when I look at that fish, I can't stop shaking.

I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you here, you have been a great help with giving me tips, teaching me more and more about watercraft giving me advice on terminal tackle (Thanks ****y first class hooks, I just crashed the barbs/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif) and all your support.

Crickey I am so happy I'm almost crying here *sniff*

wendi spiller

Reaction score
Well done Claudia, you must still be as excited as you when you phoned us this morning, you have worked really hard for this and you deserve it mate.

Your first bertie will stay with you for ever, even when you smash your new pb there is nothing as special as your first, and a new pb chub, what a great end to this season!

Well bloody done, Happy day`s/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
well done, I know how much hard work and effort you have put into that, and the pride you have in doing it for yourself.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hey Girl, now i feel totally inadequate, but dont worry about me. Well done Claudia,

Respect girl.

P.S. (Bloody Women)

F

Fred Bonney

Claudia, well what a day.Congratulations on your solo efforts.
River looks in top form too.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Brilliant stuff Claudia /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

matt

Reaction score
Wow way to go girl. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I

Ian Cloke

Absolutely fabulous Cladia, it will be a day you'll never forget.

Paul Martin 5

Reaction score
Well done Claudia, I recognise that area you were fishing, it's been very good to me lately too.

Hope to see you down Throop again soon. I'll give you a hand if you're looking for a big chub.

Paul

G

Geoff Cowen

Brilliantfish Claudia, well done!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I am still in a state when I look at that fish, I can't stop shaking.

Crickey I am so happy I'm almost crying here *sniff*</blockquote>

Well done Claudia, with your terrific enthusiasm you deserve every fish you catch.

Keep on shaking and crying, it means you really appreciate what you're catching which are most angler's fish of a lifetime.