Extending or the one piece landing net handles.

monty

Reaction score
Carrying on from Matt's question on landing nets,i imagine you would prefer to use the one piece handle against using an extending one,or is there no preference either way.Also which ones would you recommend.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I prefer the extending handle for the same reason as Bryan. I can also adjust the length to be a little longer than the(usually) broken-down two rods I carry and strap them to the handle with several Velcro bands. I'm sure it has saved me several damaged rods over the years at the rateI tend to fall over.

T

The Welsh Windbag

I have both, a good solid galumphing six foot stick of solid beauty for my big triangular carp net and a two piece extender for that little bit more reach with the smaller scoop net. Best of both worlds ! Never seen an extender with the same strength as my one piece, tho that does of course limit its length to 6 feet or so.

monty

Reaction score
As i'm looking to purchase a new handle,whichones would you advice looking for obviously it must be strong and durable i do'nt want something cheap thats bends in half first outing.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I have the trev west landing net works on a cam system. Very strong and solidly built.

Argos use to do one very similar in fact identicle by kennets. But don't seem to do them anymore.