Severn visit

Andy Fielder

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have finally managed to wangle a weekend to visitthe River Severn for the first time, forwhat will amount to a 'reconnaisance visit' prior to re-visiting later in the year to fish it. I've picked 20/21 June to visit, and no doubt the banks will be packed! Hopefully, I will get to see some well-bent rods, and maybe pick up a few tips for my intended visit.

I intend to look at the river between Bridgnorth and Bewdley, including Hampton Loade. Can I ask those of you who are familiar with this stretch forany advice/tips/contacts etc, even down to where to get the day tickets, and thebestplace to leave the car!

many thanks

Jon Bedford

Reaction score
'Steve is a top bloke'

I'll second that.

You can getBAA* daytickets from a tackle shop on the main rd through BridgEnorth heading towards the Bridge,BridgEnorth Anglers or somethinglike.

Pellets, Boilies and Meat under a pellet feeder or straight lead worked for me last August.

*lots ofwater on the severn in that area have a look here-

http://www.baa.uk.com/where_to_fish/default.aspx

Stephen Williams 2

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gifShucks lads!

Andy, send me an email and I'll happily offer you any advice I can to point you in the direction of a few fish.

Might be a bit busy around that time, but there are a few spots/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifI can direct you to.

Wont be able to reply till Wednesday, as I'm away from this afternoon.

Regards,

Steve

www.caravanonthesevern.co.uk

www.midlandriveranglers.yuku.com

Andy Fielder

Reaction score
Hi all

thanks for the replies! Steve - will email you when u get back.

many thanks!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Always try and have one session on the Severn each year and have always had a few fish at Arley in the second meadow.

POLO

Reaction score
Now then Peeps. I am off to fish the Severn for the first time just after the season starts at Lickhill manor caravan park and possibly the Larford Lakes stretch. Can anyone tell me the approx depths and any other info that may help me catch one of the Severn Barbel? All advice welcome. Cheers lads.

Robert Wood 6

Reaction score
Chris Ponsfords your man, I amSure he will give you the answers when he looks in.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Steve is your man for that area. Knows it like the back of his hand. Mine of information for stretches and day ticket water.

And a great bloke as well.

Graham.

Andy Fielder

Reaction score
just a quick 'thank you' to all who have been kind enough to offer advice and info. The trip went well, (albeit one day rather than two!) andI find itvery heartening to find a place/forum and people to whoma total strangercan ask for help, and receive something really worthwhile in return.

This is what forums really should be about - top marks, guys!!

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif