a gap in the market??

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
You tell him Sam- he knows nowt about barbel poles - they need to be much stronger to cope with relatively large barbel heading downstream in a flowing river.

How big are the Rother barbel that you catch Paul?

not sure what the Rother record is - maybe 6lb on the stregth I fish = maybe bigger o nthe catcliffe stretgh

sam vimes

Reaction score
Turn the music down, unless you are partial to a bit of death metal.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLoxVmRTkfc]barbel on pole / Barbe an der Stippe 2011 by TBC Crew - YouTube[/ame]
I wouldn't want to be using a pole that was somewhere between a carp pole and silver fish pole. That wasn't a particularly big barbel either.

guest61

Reaction score
Turn the music down, unless you are partial to a bit of death metal.barbel on pole / Barbe an der Stippe 2011 by TBC Crew - YouTube
I wouldn't want to be using a pole that was somewhere between a carp pole and silver fish pole. That wasn't a particularly big barbel either.

I spy a Cralusso Torpedo.. On the continent they seem to have fewer hang-ups about fishing with methods such as poles or bolo rods for larger species of river fish such as Carp and Barbel.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I shoudl have said - Has anyone targetted chub on the pole

Jan Porter - hope he recovers always seemed a decent bloke - saw his a couple of times at shows and he made tiem to talk to everyone that wanted to

dangermouse

Reaction score
not sure what the Rother record is

12lb 4oz apparently.

49205bcc73ddf.jpg

BFW Gallery

nicepix

Reaction score
12lb 4oz apparently.

49205bcc73ddf.jpg

BFW Gallery

That's the one I was talking about but I'd got it 2lb out which makes somewhat of a difference. :D His Dearne fish was 10lb 4oz.

The captor is a former colleague of mine. He's had doubles from the Dearne and Rother and was working on getting one from the Don last time I spoke to him.

dangermouse

Reaction score
The captor is a former colleague of mine. He's had doubles from the Dearne and Rother and was working on getting one from the Don last time I spoke to him.

He`s not alone, a bloke I talked to last year was after the Yorkshire treble. He`d had doubles from the Don and Dearne and his next target was one from the Rother.

Rich P

Reaction score
It would have to be telescopic, for the roving Pole angler. FYI, that's an angler who fishes with a pole, rather than a Pole who angles.....though it could be both.

bigfish74

Reaction score
Why the hell would someone wa t to cat h bebel on a pole its bad enough seei g big carp figbt within an im h of its life when some people take far to long to land these fish not hqving a pop at anyone and i can see your idea but its a big no no from me and nope im nkt a barbel society member i just care for the fish i catch

Andy

Rich P

Reaction score
Andy - I'm pretty sure it's not a serious proposition. When conditions are unfavourable and there's little change of catching a barbel, the mind wanders......and espouses all kinds of strange concepts. A variety of Cabin Fever, if I'm not mistaken

I sincerely hope I'm not wrong......:)

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
also barbel floats - another gap to be filled

Sire, you talk floaters:eek:

This runs along the lines of the marketing thread me-thinks m'loud:confused:

But one does raise that flag we are all so proud of, and I cannot but help but doff my capeth in yons direction. One thinketh many a fool can be had by such monument to market trading in the realeth world.

Is this where M'lod has reached such climax in his extensive wealth:w

:eek: