3 foot twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Wasn't this guy on here a couple of years ago asking for advice??

Yes, he most certainly was . . . . . .

Now he's the next John baker

No, he most certainly isn't . . . . .

Just another in the long line of instant success merchants . . . . . .

Last edited:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah. I had a few chasing me up and down a valley and interrogating me anywhere they could find me a few years ago. Not the barbel's fault.

guest61

Reaction score
I've never heard of John Baker, he seems to be held in high regard, honest question - Should I have?

NB - I don't fish for Carp of Barbel in the sense of two rods plus Boilies

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had both carp and barbel feeding together on both pellets and boilies only the other day. You ought to have seen the tiny, crawl-through, close when exiting, tunnel I cut through some bushes with secateurs and a folding pruning saw to get to them!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never heard of John Baker, he seems to be held in high regard, honest question - Should I have?

NB - I don't fish for Carp of Barbel in the sense of two rods plus Boilies

John was/is a pioneer in the bait game, particularly for Barbel baits . . . .

John Baker Baits

He wrote a good little book on Barbel baits some time ago too . . . . I'll see if I can find a link to a copy as it is a good read . . . didn't take long:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-sear...nd-tactics/author/john-baker/sortby/3/page-1/

Copies are getting quite pricey now though I see

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score
Just another in the long line of instant success merchants . . . . . .

I was going to write something a tad harsher but the longer this thread lasts the more exposure he gets, so this is my first and last post on this thread....

Just need to ask: River Teme, which barrow and tripod??

And how many times can mackerel be thawed out and refrozen before it goes off?

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I had both carp and barbel feeding together on both pellets and boilies only the other day. You ought to have seen the tiny, crawl-through, close when exiting, tunnel I cut through some bushes with secateurs and a folding pruning saw to get to them!

Which lake were you fishing Paul?
:wh:):)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a swim that I last fished in 2007-08, on a river. One memorable 2006 late-ish summer afternoon I had five or six carp, two commons among them, feeding cheerfully away in front of me, completely out in the open, when three or four small barbel appeared from some faster water below, then began feeding a few feet downstream of the carp.

The common that I caught, by no means the largest there by any means, went a little over 15 pounds, one of the small interloper barbel, caught an or so hour later, went 9-01. Amazing how small even big barbel look beside large carp.

mjw

Reaction score
It's a swim that I last fished in 2007-08, on a river. One memorable 2006 late-ish summer afternoon I had five or six carp, two commons among them, feeding cheerfully away in front of me, completely out in the open, when three or four small barbel appeared from some faster water below, then began feeding a few feet downstream of the carp.

The common that I caught, by no means the largest there by any means, went a little over 15 pounds, one of the small interloper barbel, caught an or so hour later, went 9-01. Amazing how small even big barbel look beside large carp.

Please keep your drivel to your threads Paul

chav professor

Reaction score
I have to admit - 3-foot-twitch is a cult 'Easom' product..... When I suggested he was a bit like marmite in relation to the flack he gets on forum sites... The responce back was 'yea! But more like Sh!t with a skid mark of marmite'.

If you like Richard Easom... Then its the bait for you!

I don't use 3-foot-twitch... I don't think he does himself any favors on forums...

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Another instant expert I'm afraid. One minute asking which rodrest for barbel, what line etc the next a bait guru or circuit speaker, modern angling is full of them I'm afraid.

and Paul your postings on this thread since the start have absolutely nothing at all to do with the topic or replying to Geoff, but more to do with the " look at me" scenario.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They have been very pertinent, Judy. A comment on wonderbaits and the newly arrived and their prickly egos and how they hard-sell themselves to those who wonder why they can never catch and think that the latest magic bullet will shoot the Golden Wonders. Go one-track in any form of Angling and all you get is some apes sticking one on one another. As for self-promotion on my part, it's so nice to see so many of you ever on-message and still playing vinyl (as in 'stuck in a groove') when it comes to me, someone who has had enough of most worthwhile species to know that it ain't the bait or the fly, it's the driver.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Mr Boote,

I don't know you and it's NOT a criticism but "worthwhile species?" As opposed to what? I consider ALL species worthwhile.

I find that phrase a little uncomfortable. Even after 40 years, I still love catching mini species.

They're all "worthwhile" surely?

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Paul, if you care to re read your first two posts on this thread you may alter your opinion on whether you are suffering from the " look at me" syndrome or not and whether they bore any relevance to this discussion.

Back on topic, this guy seems to have the skin of a rhino when it comes regurgitating previous works of others. Then again I may be wrong and he may be a maestro, after all it wasn't so long ago he was voted into the top ten up and coming barbel anglers in the country by a certain contributor on here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.