Free Spirit Barbel Seeker Rod

summers

Reaction score
Hi
I have been asked to sell a Free Spirit Barbel Seeker rod for a deceased friends wife. I have checked on the net but cannot find any going second hand. Its in good condition apart from the ring nearest the handle has been bent and the insert is missing, also it seems when finding information about them new they come with 3 insert tips; however this has only two has anyone any idea of worth, naturally I want to sell it for the correct price as the money goes to his family.

cocker

Reaction score
there 225 new, a second hand one went on ebay the other day for 200 although it was as good as new,

theres 2 on there now for 175 each

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
£229 is the usual new shop price for them, with the quiver section as a £99 extra.

60% of the new price total put it at just shy of £200. However, you will have to expect a bit less for the missing quiver and damaged butt ring. £150 would not be an unreasonable expectation for it, anything more a bit of a bonus. However, to achieve that you'd need to put it on ebay hoping that more than one person really wants it.

cocker

Reaction score
i reckon the same if you put it on ebay it will probably make around £150 as it is, (they go mad for free spirit rods on ebay)