Trent day ticket

bamberoo7

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm a new member , has anyone fished and had any success on the day ticket stretch between farndon and east stoke behind the garage. Planning a trip at the week end, thanks

barbelbuster

Reaction score
It,s the Trent same as any river, pay your money and take a chance.
Its as much how you fish it as where you fish it.
Good luck

john step

Reaction score
Good luck in these high temperatures. Dont know if the barbel will oblige but take a stick float rod and try hemp and tares for roach.

richard74

Reaction score
Not all of it Johnny, about 40 pegs betewn Newark Fed water and Notts water are day ticket, I think the Farmer who owns it is Mr Hardy.

ru123

Reaction score
To fish that stretch it's from dawn till dusk £6 farmer comes round for money parking at back of yourself,at this time of year large throw to within a rods length to other side maggot feeder 2ft hooklength peg 17,bagged up every time last year,gets a bit busy at weekends so I joined Newark picatorials & already in notts aa so I fish all stretches.

scouseproud

Reaction score
can someone give me directions to this stretch please? I am going to the trent for the 1st time and was planning to go to bobs island until I heard some bad reports.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where are you coming from?

If you come on the A46 from Newark direction carry on towards Farndon.(Don't go on the new road at the new roundabout, take the 3rd junction)

On Fosse Way, go through/past Farndon, on the right until you see a (closed) garage, after that still on the right side you'll see a sign that says river and pond fishing, take that farm track and follow it to the river.Take your pick of swims.

scouseproud

Reaction score
Thanks Fred, I'll try and find it on google maps. We're coming up from Leicester. You got any tips on baits/tactics?

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your on the right road then!
What fish are you after?

I have to say, I'm not certain what the river conditions are like I've been out of the country for three weeks.
On the assumption the levels are still low and clear, perhaps you best bet is a light maggot feeder, but small pellets should work as well.

Maybe put down plenty of hemp as an attractor.

I think it will be tough, but better than being at home. I've not been down there for some time, go left at the end of the track and work your way down.
Good bream used to be further up stream, so turn right at the end of the track..

Let us/me know how you get on.

Last edited: