3 piece barbel rods

Dick

Reaction score
Hello all

Most of my fishing is roach/perch/bream/tench etc and all my rods are 13 foot, 3 piece and fit in the standard rod tube (5ft 3in) and standard matchman`s rod hold-all.

Once in a while I go barbel fishing and want a suitable rod, but all that I`ve seen are 12 foot, 2 piece jobs that won`t fit my hold-all. The only3 piece ones I`ve seen are twin tip, one butt and are still 6 foot when broken down. Yes, I know I could buy a new longer hold-all but the extra length would be a problem in the car and I`d rather spend the money on a better rod than more luggage.

Does anybody know of a suitable rod, 1.75or 2lb test curve, maximum section length 5 foot 3 inches? The icing on the cake would be if it had twin tips too.I`m not too worried about the price......unless of course it would work out cheaper to buy a bigger car!

Many thanks

Keith M

Reaction score
Yes the Greys Prodigy Barbel comes in both2 or 3 pieces and it is a twin tip(normal and quiver) with 3 quivers.It is a really good Barbel rod, light, thin and responsive but powerful where it counts; and it comes in 1.5lb TC 1.75b TC and 2lb TC.

See link --> Greys Prodigy Barbel Rod

And you can pick one up for a lot cheaper than the RRP that greys show on their site if you look around on the web.

NB. Theres also a review of this rod in Fishing Magic tackle reviews

Andy B

Reaction score
Have a look at the Diawa Twilight 4 piece aswell - that will fit sideways in any car boot! Available in 1.75 or 2.25lb test curve and has a standard avon and a quiver tip, like the greys you can pick one up for less than the rrp. if you shop around. Fishing Republic in Manchester are selling them for £75 and do next day mail order-01617948001.

Reaction score
If you can still find one, the Korum V2 Quod rod, 2lb test in 4 pieces. Should be on clearance at about ?60 - ?70 I would Imagine.

Ryan

Dick

Reaction score
Keith M, Lord Paul, Andy B and Ryan: many thanks for your suggestions, I was beginning to despair. One of the above is sure to do the job, your help is much appreciated.

NIGE K

Reaction score
i have the prodigy 1.5lb tc 3 piece barbel rods for my tench and bream fishing excellent rods.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Greys Prodigy 1.75lb t/c in both the 2 piece and 3 piece, and I have nothing but praise for them.

When looking around, particularly on e-bay, be careful as people often describe the 2 piece as being a 3 piece, seemingly they count the butt, the top and the quiver sections as 3. The real Prodigy 3 piece actually comes in 4 pieces, the butt, the middle, the top and the quiver section.

Confusing, innit!

Fairweather

Reaction score
The Harrison Tryptec could be well worth a look... There's normally one on ebay every now and again which would come in at about £80 or so. About £140 or so new I think. leslies's of Luton stock them.