Middle Trent Clubs (Nottingham)

TJD Notts

Reaction score
I'm looking to join a club that has good access to the middle Trent, which gives me a chance of catching a double figure barbel and that allows nightfishing and is not too far away from Nottingham. I'm already a member of the Nott's Anglers Association but would like to join another club. Would like to fish a weir or not too far away from one. Am interested in fishing Stoke Bardolph weir but can't find out who the club is that runs that particular stretch.

Anyone got any ideas?

Beecy

Reaction score
i think stoke bardolph ( north bank ) is on your NAA book, not sure about south bank but probably NAA too

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Hi Beecy, NAA have the opposite bank to what i'm looking for. The bank that you can fish on the NAA is well dodgy and you'd be lucky to find your car with wheels or even your car at all when you got back to the carpark even if you do drive a people carrier like me! I'm looking at the other side of the river which has the pub at the top of the lane (see my train of thought now?)

Beecy

Reaction score
if its not NAA then its notts Fed

if the pub we are on about is the ferry boat then thats the bank i fish (river running right to left), i was sure the sign on the gate says notts AA, but anyway, its definately one of the two, fed/aa

no night fishing by the way

I can't comment on the barbel potential of the strech as i only roach fish, but im sure it will hold a few good uns, theres certainly a few swimming around with a size 22 to 1lb bottomin there mouths

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Yeah that's the side Beecy. I'll have to have a drive up and see but looking at the NAA book it definitely doesn't say they have the rights to that bank.

I believe all NAA waters (rivers) are no nightfishing but you never see a bailiff and just so long as you behave yourself and don't just use it as an excuse to get bladdered they tend to turn a blind eye.

Beecy

Reaction score
its Notts fed then.

as regards night fishing, your probably right about that. Ive turned up a few times at first light and there has been the odd bivvy there that have obviously been there all night.

theres also a short strech of abot 150 yards right in front of the pub, between the road stretch and the bottom of the ferry field that i think is free fishing, every time i have been there has been people setting up to night fish as i have been leaving. so it gets a bit crowded there, if your after a bit of solitude walk up the river, round the bend towards thewier and more often than not youl be the only one in sight.

Its quite a walk as the gate at the carpark is locked, apparently you can get a key, presumably from the fed, buty its still meant to be no parking. Your suposed to drive up to drop off your tackle then park in either of the top or bottom carparks (again, this is sometimes ignored as i have seen cars behind pegs in the field, bit daft realy as theyve been in the bottom few pegs, only 100 yards or so from the car park, lazy sods)

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
The river you mention is indeed Notts Fed water, running upstream from peg 1 at Gunthorpe right through to 343B about 400 yards below the weir. Good access if you have a BWB key.

Officially there is no night fishing on this stretch and there is a sign to the left of the entrance gate of the Ferry Field to that effect.

Reaction score
If your wantinf to fish the wier itself its controlled byashfield anglers, but i believe they have a waiting list for membership.

Reaction score
If your wanting to fish the wier itself its controlled byashfield anglers, but i believe they have a waiting list for membership.

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response but been on holiday for a week and only got back yesterday.

How do you become a member of Notts Fed and what waters do they have control of? Been looking around and can't find jack! Have they got a website does anyone know?

EDIT - Bob, You mentioned a BWB key, who or what are BWB (assuming British Water Board)?

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Scunthorpe Police Angling Club has good fishing on the Trent, not sure just how close to Nottingham though.

Lee Fletcher can probably
give more info.

Shouldn't have a problem with missing wheelson SPAC /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifwaters

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
It's British Waterways, the folk what run the boating and stuff. The keys give access to most of the locked off lanes to locks and weirs. They also give you access to the BWB toilets and showers.

Call into the nearest lock keepers cabin and ask for details. You can get them from Canal Depot Offices like the one in Marshgate, Doncaster. Mine cost me £3.50 if I remember right. Lee Fletcher supplied the original information although I'm sure TC and FBcould supply you with chapter and verse...

Securessteel helmet straps andbreaks open multi-pack of Walkersin anticpation of Barbel Wars part 87 and another thread ruined.

Sorry mate.

PS: I don't believe Scunthorpe Police allow night fishing at Hazelford/ Syerston/ Nabbs Island/ BRSA water, call it what you like(but I could be wrong).

T

Tony Rocca

Keys are £5 now, some BW depots wont give one outunless you have a registered boat, some seem not to care.

SPAC water (called lady Pit Farmactually) dont allow night fishing. Its a very good summer venuethough, I am a member.

Whats the war going to be about this time Bob,I cant see owt./forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Lee Fletcher is currently resting from angling.The website gives you enough information on their 3 Trent locations.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Beginning to wonder where he was Fred. E-mails suddenly stopped.

Mind I did ask to borrow money /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

chris renwick

Reaction score
im a member at sucnthorpe they dont allow nite fishing at any of there venus u carnt ever used barbed hook on the trent.....