bivvy advice needed

bigfish74

Reaction score
Im in the market for a new bivvy anyone got any recomendations on what why and the like but also what to stay away from its been a while since i had a new one and just use my 60 imch day sbelter through the summer but its getting wetter and colder so a properr one is needed sub £,100 as well if poss im on a budget
Thanks in advance

Andy

sam vimes

Reaction score
My experience has been that cheap bivvies are often a bad option. However, if my finances were so restricted, I'd not look at anything but the Chub range. I've had one of their budget shelters and a mate has a Tri-Brid bivvy. Both are/were excellent for the money.
The S Plus Bivvy certainly comes in under budget and you'll get it for less if you buy from Bobco tomorrow, it's their usual bank holiday sale (20% off).

cg74

Reaction score
Why not just get an over wrap for your brolly? As you'll find on most rivers the banks aren't very bivvy friendly.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Why not just get an over wrap for your brolly? As you'll find on most rivers the banks aren't very bivvy friendly.

I have to admit that I was thinking along the same lines but mainly die to the budget figure.

That is until I read Sam's advice as I wouldn't have imagined you could get a bivvy for less than a ton . . . . . . .

nicepix

Reaction score
I have a JRC Contact shelter that came in at under a ton. Can't comment on it though as I've hardly used it and have nothing to compare it to. As Colin has said, a big brolly and cover is more versatile and probably easier to carry.

bigfish74

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions guys
I used to use an overwrap but didnt really like it money was a tad short back then as was still in school i know these have got better since the late 80s but im still not keen as fkr the banks mentikned i have thought about this also but the main rivers i fish aint to bad so i could probably get away with it
Iv seen people mention the tfg bivvies saying they werent their cup of tea but no explanation as to why they werent so happy with them ob i hate decisions like this lol

Andy