Boston Spa Day Ticket Help

thejewster

Reaction score
Hi

Could someone please tell me if there are day ticket stretches on the wharfe at boston spa and if so which ones and where you can get the day tickets from.

Iv been wanting to fish for barbel and chub at bossy spa for ages but never seem to know where to go.

Paul Neate

Reaction score
"The pike standing at over 2000 feet is a big attraction" -- that's one hell of a pike! Don't think any of my tackle will handle that.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Problem is that was written 15 years ago and things change

The forum has been shuffled around since then. I doubt it really has stayed totally unaltered since 1999. I know that much of the North Yorkshire venue information was updated three or four years back because I did it. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything to do with the Wharfe listing. However, if you have your doubts as to the validity of the information it may well serve you to ask on the Yorkshirefishing.net forum. Should you find any errors, give the moderating team (not me any more) a dig in the ribs to get it updated.

There are also a few threads on there that may throw up some info.

Yorkshire Fishing thread

Yorkshire Fishing thread

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Two minutes on google led me to the Bingley Angling Club.
£30 quid a year - no day tickets for Boston Spa.

nicepix

Reaction score
Just be aware that there are two lengths at Boston Spa - The short Spa Baths length and the much larger Boston Spa to Newton Kyme sections either side of the Spa Baths length. The second option is the one to go for IMO and tickets could be bought at the Post Office or newsagents near to the junction of the main drag and the road leading to the river bridge. You can also park closer to the Newton Kyme length about a mile from BS towards Tadcaster down a lane neat to where the railway went over. But, there have been a lot of problems with thefts from cars there. I used to park near the river bridge at BS and walk down, all 3 miles of it.

There is also a good stretch at Collingham and you can buy tickets from the newsagents opposite the church which is set back from the main road. You have to go round the back. That runs from Linton Bridge for about 200 yds to the church yard, misses about 100 yds in Collingham woods then resumes right down to Wetherby playing fields.

It is a lovely place to fish :)

justin ackroyd

Reaction score
If your after barbel, by the old railway bridge ar kyme is the hot spot.
Above the tins at the bottom of the path down to kyme, good for trotting.
boston spa road bridge good for mixed bags, chub, dace, perch & barbel.
also below the baths in the trees for barbel, dont have to fish far out