It was Twenty Years Ago Today…

wes79

Reaction score
A walk down memory lane is a good learning point to see how things have come on over the years, the collection of funny anecdotal memories enjoyed during the peaks and the teamwork that has enveloped the tough times can be called upon when the present has become a little stagnated, for inspiration and reflection benchmarks are set in the past to be broken in the future.
Unfortunately, when ever I read articles like these, I cannot help judge the quality of the old days against the more fickle bell curve of a future projection.
Maybe I'm getting old, or a pessimistic old grump, but to be honest, there is only so much false optimism I can reciprocate with hopefuls who haven't the experience to deal with, or the understanding of the pitfalls ahead.
I hope for the best, but expect the worst but try to properly absorb the present.
If the modern fisherman of today doesn't have some major dog turds to avoid when he comes to reminisce on his walk down memory lane, in the future, then a massive achievement has been made contrary to my own expectations, these smelly lumps of brown sickness inducing excrement seem to always be unavoidable to anyone with a positive, get up and go attitude, but who are also made to rely on much larger outside influencing & interfering factors that they have little or no control over whatsoever.

Call it a vacuum that sucks all the life blood out of everyone's self determination, as a team or otherwise, still there, level at every baton change with an unshakable endurance.

The reigns when passed over to the new generation must be held even more tightly if life's acceleration into the future, serves as any kind of warning.

Here's to another 20 years.

Well done guys.

Last edited: