On the search for rods!

pw910

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I am search for a feeder rod for Chub and Barbel. 11ft max and I have £150-£200 to spend! Places I will be fishing will be the rivers Loddon, Blackwater and Wey.

I have used a few feeder rods in the past buy that's just on commercials etc. I have been looking at the following rods:

Drennan Medium feeder 11ft
Drennan Avon / Quiver 1.50TC 11ft rod

I am open to other suggestions if u have any recommendations!

Thank you for ur time,

Paul

tonybull

Reaction score
Google peregrine rods and ring them up.

You won't beat the harrison blanks for the money you want to spend up to £200

I had 3 rods built each under £200 on the harrison blank and they are quality for my river fishing for chub and barbel.

I own a few rods for matches on commercials ie Drennan, Matrix, Daiwa

pw910

Reaction score
Thank u very much mate, I will have a look now ☺

onemorelastcast

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I am search for a feeder rod for Chub and Barbel. 11ft max and I have £150-£200 to spend! Places I will be fishing will be the rivers Loddon, Blackwater and Wey.

I have used a few feeder rods in the past buy that's just on commercials etc. I have been looking at the following rods:

Drennan Medium feeder 11ft
Drennan Avon / Quiver 1.50TC 11ft rod

I am open to other suggestions if u have any recommendations!

Thank you for ur time,

Paul
If you can look at the Dave Mason rod, it's built on a IM6 blank and is a masterpiece, ideal for small river chub and Barbel, at 10.6 ft long easy to poke through undergrowth.
Agree with the Peregrines though lovely rods, but the Dave Mason suits me better, even over the Harrison.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I'm extremely impressed with the Daiwa Infinity barbel (available in 1.75lb or 2.25lb curves), these are discounted by Foster's of Birmingham at £222.

Might also do to look at Trefor West's rods at Lone Angler. I have the 1.75lb barbel rod which is nice but, to be honest, is second choice to my Infinities.

Lone Angler also do a 1lb 6oz tc chub rod which I don't own but which does look very nice......and tempting...:)

Hope it helps. :)

bobbyb

Reaction score
Hiya Paul,

11ft Torrix's are superb! Especially finished in brown. Andy Sliwa will knock you some up for around that price. I've just had a 10ft blank made up that blows them out of the water though, get in touch with him.
Peregrines are a touch of class too. 11ft GTi - Angling Supplies Bath

ken more

Reaction score
whats wrong with the Mach 1 XT for under 20quid? :eek:

tackle tarts the lot of ya :p

Nowt, boys and their toys and far too much disposable income that should be spent on the finer things in life like, wine, women and sh@gging:w

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
whats wrong with the Mach 1 XT for under 20quid? :eek:

tackle tarts the lot of ya :p

To answer your question - absolutely nothing, but all I can tell you is that I used my best mate's Daiwa Infinity and could instantly feel the quality. It's a rod that's perfect for me, felt instantly comfortable and "at one" with it.

Appreciate it's expensive but it IS worth the money and a bit of saving will get you a top class piece of kit. :)

ric1983

Reaction score
+1 for peregrine rods. I've got a pair of GTX's which I had built 2 years ago.
If your looking for the top end of the budget they perform really well. Turn around is reasonable too. I went for an extra section with these 3oz spliced quiver tip which I think bumped them up to 260 quid a shot.
I also have one of the older fox duo twin tip barbel rod olive green with X rap. Which I think is a cracking rod also. Can't buy them new any more but some good used examples pop up now and then for sensible money and they are a great rod IMO.

onemorelastcast

Reaction score
+1 for peregrine rods. I've got a pair of GTX's which I had built 2 years ago.
If your looking for the top end of the budget they perform really well. Turn around is reasonable too. I went for an extra section with these 3oz spliced quiver tip which I think bumped them up to 260 quid a shot.
I also have one of the older fox duo twin tip barbel rod olive green with X rap. Which I think is a cracking rod also. Can't buy them new any more but some good used examples pop up now and then for sensible money and they are a great rod IMO.

Agree the green un is a brilliant rod, bought mine second hand a couple of years ago for peanuts, had all six Barbel this season. on the tip section.too, great players rod.