Rental Property with River Frontage

strikerbw

Reaction score
Afternoon,

I have seen some old posts from a few years back on this subject but wondered if anyone knows of some nice holiday rental places with river fishing (preferably from the garden!) This will keep her indoors happy whilst i can have a fish.

I have seen a few on the Wye which are fully booked but seeing as i have two different tickets for the Wye i was seeing if anyone knew of any more hidden gems? I mean i know on the Wye there is Flanesford Priory and some near Monmouth but what about some other rivers?

Please pm me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Fishing Lodge Bridgnorth | Riverside Accommodation at Barbel Lodge, Highley, Bridgnorth

Looks interesting but can't say i've stayed there... there's a couple more in that region...

I've stayed at flanseford, access is pretty good but not exactly "in the garden"...

I will be interested to see how this thread develops - not being over-encumbered with barbel fishing in Oxford, any fishing of this nature that i do tends to require an overnight stay. Occasionally with a group of like-minded mates, or the missus - who's happy to sit and read all day as long as the surroundings are nice. The wye fits the bill for this one very nicely.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Okay - a chance to show off...
I have an old caravan which is waterproof and has comfy beds on my fishery at Llanthomas, Nr Hay on Wye. The caravan is nothing special but it's a great place to unwind for a few days if you can put up with no power. The fishing can be great - and can also be sometimes hard, like a lot of the Wye - but has plenty of grayling, trout, chub, barbel pike and even the odd silver tourist, one of which I caught yesterday! (PM me if you fancy fishing it)
salmon13_4improved.jpg

View image in gallery

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What a beast, the tail on that thing is huge.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Having visited Llanthomas myself i can certainly say that i don't think you could find a more beautiful place to fish in the UK, it is absolutely mint.

Geoff, hope the caravan is going well.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Yes - some ****** took some maggots in there which escaped last year but glad to say they are all gone now. Grrr.
Just gave it a spring-clean last week, had the chemical toilet serviced, got water in, got gas for the BBQ... all ready to go :)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Okay - a chance to show off...
I have an old caravan which is waterproof and has comfy beds on my fishery at Llanthomas, Nr Hay on Wye. The caravan is nothing special but it's a great place to unwind for a few days if you can put up with no power. The fishing can be great - and can also be sometimes hard, like a lot of the Wye - but has plenty of grayling, trout, chub, barbel pike and even the odd silver tourist, one of which I caught yesterday! (PM me if you fancy fishing it)

Looks different from the last time I popped round Geoff - not a paddler in sight....................;)