Recommendations for specific line....

wes79

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good line that's strengths lean towards good abrasion strength/tolerance please?

Is there a line that exists that can tolerate rubbing up against rusted metal trolley's etc or am I asking for the impossible?

cheers and beers!
:)

B

binka

The best one I've found Wes is GLT Pro-Tough, I've been using it in snaggy barbel swims (usually rocks) and for all my winter pike fishing.

Very robust and consistent line that breaks well above its comparable diameters and from the same people as the highly rated Pro-Gold.

It's a clear colour with a funny ultra violet hue when new which doesn't seem to put anything off and seems to wear off after a couple of sessions...

GLT Pro Tough line - Product Review at UK Match Angler

barbelboi

Reaction score
I din't like recommending line as everyone has an opinion which is often different but, apart from trotting, I wouldn't want to change from the GLT range....For the rivers I normally fish Pro-Gold does the job, if I'm on a rocky bottom river then Pro-Tough.

Keith M

Reaction score
As above....

It's a shame the tackle shops near me don't seem to sell it and I have to buy mine off the Web.

Keith

Last edited:

wes79

Reaction score
The best one I've found Wes is GLT Pro-Tough, I've been using it in snaggy barbel swims (usually rocks) and for all my winter pike fishing.

Very robust and consistent line that breaks well above its comparable diameters and from the same people as the highly rated Pro-Gold.

It's a clear colour with a funny ultra violet hue when new which doesn't seem to put anything off and seems to wear off after a couple of sessions...

GLT Pro Tough line - Product Review at UK Match Angler

Cheers Binka!

The 12lb looks more than adequate.

Thanks for the other suggestions folks, won't do any harm to try those as well at some point, the GT80 sounds like a quality line as does ultima also.

having experienced a couple of crack offs just above the swivel recently and feeling a bit under gunned using a standard 12lb mono, its become a confidence thing at the end of the day and if hook snagged, as a bonus, Its good to be able to open the hook out if possible.
cheers and beers
:)

Last edited: