Barnsley & District AAS Fiskerton

C

Chris Pearson

Titus,

Yes that was veeery nice/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

poacher 101

Reaction score
it makes me sick .that decent anglers like my self and others are going to be punished by clubs
because in these times all clubs servive on memberships and day tickets to boost the clubs funds / which in turn helps to maintaine the inprovements to club waters etc etc

there is 2 ways of finding this out

1/ all day tickets sold from the fiskerton post office when purchase must have id with them to prove who they are there. car details ie reg /make /colour because most anglers travel by car.
that way the post office will have a record of who s been on that day.

so if the bank is in a mess the baliff can go to the post-office and view the book and take all the details of that day and post all the details of the angelers responsable on the entrances and give the post office the details as well

2/ the other problem could be members

so your ballifs will have to be on the ball

just a idea.

eddie/ by the way i am not a member of your club . hope to be soon

C

Chris Pearson

Eddie,

Not sure I understand how you have been punished.

On all Barnsley waters night fishing is banned it's just that without anyone actually bailiffing the water they have turned a blindeye for quite some time.

However following numerous complaints from the members about the amount of litter and anglers bivvied up when they arrive at first light(especially on match days) the Barnsley commitee decided to enforce the night ban.

It was only after this was discussed at the committee meeting that we put in an alternative proposal that would mean the banks would be kept clean,the stretch would be bailiffed without cost and additional income would go back into the club.

In answer to your proposal about cars the problem was until recently relatively very few "anglers" even went to the Post Office to buy a ticket,they came without paying, left their barbeques,beer tins and groundbait bags in the peg or in the car park and went home.We already know all the registration numbers of the (mainly) vans concerned but our only recourse would be in a civil court .

Now we are getting great feedback from the Barnsley book holders ,very few aren't paying now because they know they will probably get stung for £6 on the bank,the bank and car park are clean and tidy and no one bivvied up in the best pegs for days on end.

I hope you do join Barnsley next season you'll be pleasantly suprised I think.

Regards,

Chris

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I can see both sides of the argument but I too fish areas that are plagued with litter problems.

BUT FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON I SUPPORT SYNDICATION

I was fishing around Nottingham about 2 weeks ago and the peg I like to fish was full of beer cans and bbq kits...I tidied it away into a shopping basket and carried on fishing.

Later that day three "retards" came down to fish and one was curious to how all the cans came to be in a pile.

I told him that I had tidied them away...But wished that the people that had brought them down to the bankside had taken them away.

He replied

"But day cud av ad a fire an burnt dem...Make a big fire and burn dem"

To which I replied

" Its a lot easier just to pick them up and take them home"

to which retard boy #2 said

"why?"

It was at this point I lost control

" because it looks like a pile of F*kin Sh*te and attracts rats...Do you know what leptospiros is is?...Its something that come out of rats P*ss and destroys every organ in the body and kills you nice and slow"

Retard boy # 1

"I have had my teteanus jab"

Me

" Tetanus is different...anyway I hope the people that left it catch cancer and drop dead...The world has too many d*ck heads as it is a few less would be nice"

I cannot understand the mentality of morons...They are so far down the evolutionary scale as to be looking up the skirts of Ameobas.

I only got away with being quite so blunt because when the arrived I had 4 stella cans stuck to the end of my largest machete as I cleaned out the undergrowth

The people that leave litter should take up a different hobby as they are nothing but W*nkers and Ars*holes and thier retarded self absorbed mentality reflects badly on everyone.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
I applaud your efforts Chris.

A few years ago, before SPAC took over the fishing on the other side of the river at Nabbs Island, when it was a day ticket stretch, I had a ride down to have a look around, but was greeted by what seem more like a rubbish tip than a pristine stretch of the Trent. I've not been back since, although I now intend to give it a visitthis winter now thatI've joined the SPAC this season, as they too are now rigidly baliffing this stretch and will not tolerate any litter or abuse of their rules.

I also belong to the Newark Fed stretch a bit further downstream which is a members only water. No litter. No crowded banks. No idiots tolerated......There's something to be said for members only waters.

It's the usual problem with day ticket stretches, the minority always spoil it for the majority.

C

Chris Pearson

Thanks Steve,

Lee did a wonderful job down there when they took it over removing huge amounts of accumulated litter mainly beer cans.

I joined SPAC but was unable to get my (very low) car down the steep rutted track so didn't renew last season.I think it may have been improved last season.

Lee took us down pre-season to feed the spawning barbel it was an absolutely amazing sight!

They have an advantage that they stop the poachers right at the main road by having a huge padlocked chain across the entrance and it's a very long walk from there down to the river.

They also have a very strict policy on rule breaking,at least 2 members were excluded in the 1st season for night fishing or taking their dogs down.

One of the things we discussed a few years ago was to have a bailiff ring to share resources and information between the local clubs hopefully with the support of the local police.

There is no doubt in my mind that unless the "anglers" who consistently fish without paying and leaving their rubbish have a change of heart most of The Trent will go syndicated, Collingham will probably be the next to go.

ATB

Chris

Paul Salters

Reaction score
Hi Chris, im a member, of scunthorpe police section, and know lee, and the new bailiff Steve, very well, and it policed, by all members, as below the weir, its no keep nets,and its up to us all ,to ask any one we see to put them away, any abuse, we take their, car numbers ,and report the matter. no night fishing ect, and you will,with care get your car down,to the car park, when its dry you can drive the full mile of bank.{clean and tidy} and like you say, before they took over, it was caravans, fires, beer cans for Africa, but syndicated, has made it a pleasure to fish, ps, iam now in contact with Steave Dunn, many thanks regards Paul

poacher 101

Reaction score
to chris pearson

what i mean if barnsley aas + district stop day tickets,for this stretch ,that means i cant fish it until i become a member

cheers
eddie

C

Chris Pearson

Eddie,

Barnsley aren't stopping day tickets you can still buy them from the Post Office but if you are going to fish it regularly it makes much more sense to get a book as you would only have to go 8 times to break even.

If you don't buy your ticket in advance it will cost you £6 on the bank.

However it is clearly printed on the ticket,and always has been,"No night fishing" so nothing has changed for day ticket holders or Barnsley book holders.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
"No need to learn to drive you can come with me mate, you'd be very welcome to join next year due at the end of March I just need permission to increase the syndicate numbers up a little if nobody drops out. I'll stick you on the waiting list if you like. Let me know if you fancy "guesting" when it warms up a bit and I'll come and pick you up..."

Lee, Seepee,

Get a room for Christ's sake!

Sycophancy is one thing, grovelling another,but this has got to be the gayest thread since Peter Mandelson came out.

I guess Ray Wood and anyone else onthe waiting list will be chuffed for Lee...

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Sounds a "Win Win" situation to me.

Chris, thanks for your offer also.

Graham XX (Keeping Bobby happy)

F

Fred Bonney

Sounds like a kind offer to take a guest to me!

I'm sure there are some,(but not all/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)who will also get invited,if they were aquainted with a member.

D

Dave Burr

I thought all Trent anglers were gay/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Chris Pearson

greenun.jpg

Me and Lee gay ,yeh alright./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Fred,Bobby's only nipped because he knows he won't get within 100yds because Barnsley banned him after his last Green Un rant.

There's already 4 on the waiting list for next season and Ray Wood isn't one of them so I'm not sure where that one came from? /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

R

Ray Wood 1

What? Does that mean my application went missing then? /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

C

Chris Pearson

Ray,

Looks that way unless you are posting under a pseudonym/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Tone,

Not my fault,he started it,my offer to Lee was genuine.

Not sure why it was judged to be sycophantic or grovelling as I couldn't care less about Lee's "status" in the angling community just think he's a great guy(just keeps poor company).

Makes no difference to me if the genuine offer gets thrown back in my face/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

R

Ray Wood 1

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Chris Pearson wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Ray,

Looks that way unless you are posting under a pseudonym/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Where did that one come from/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gifI am posting as me/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

An e-mail was sent to the appropriate person(well I thought he was) on the 10/11/08
perhaps he did not receive it.

No problem

Regards Ray

C

Chris Pearson

Ray,

Sorry if that really is the case,I've only got 2 e-mail addresses and neither has received your message.

If you are genuine e-mail me all your details on c.pearsonNOSPAM@healthtec.co.uk and I'll add you onto the reserve list (above Lee !) for next season.

ATB

Chris