Barnsley & District AAS Fiskerton

C

Chris Pearson

Middle Trent Barnsley & District AAS Fiskerton Horsefield stretch

I would like to clarify the new arrangements at the Barnsley and District AAS fishery at Fiskerton on The Middle Trent.

With immediate effect night fishing is now banned from pegs 1 through to 85, this includes all existing Barnsley book holders .
The night fishing is now controlled by a syndicate operated by myself and is called "The Horsefield Knights Society".
This whole stretch will now be bailiffed by myself and the other HKS syndicate members.
Day tickets will still be available but as printed are only valid during the hours of daylight.

Chris Pearson

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thats good news Chris, especially for the anglers that are sick and tired of the rubbish left by late night poachers.

I am sure the new arrangement will work well, especially with some baliffs on the bank.

And NO loss of fishing for the Barnsleymembers

Well Done.

Graham

ps. You are the new anti-christ. 2canes can rest easy./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
As this is posted under thew barbel section - I presume you one can night fish if not for barbel or using a barbel rod

Paul Salters

Reaction score
i was there yesterday, and there were anglers who had been fishing all night ,and were packing up when i arrived, how are you going to police this? good luck, proberley needs a sighn to this affect, as the rubish, reflects on us all, i take othershome ,as well as mine.Regards Paul

R

Ray Wood 1

Who's in the syndicate and how do you get membership?

HPS, HKS, is this a Trent take over?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Regards Ray

C

Chris Pearson

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Graham,

Thanks for your kind comments,I look forward to meeting up with your brother and the other members who are already working hard to keep it clean.

We had a working party 2 weeks ago but within a week complaints had been made to the club secretary about the mess again,which meant another visit last Saturday to clean up the car park which to be fair was mostly kids coming down for a late night Maccy D not anglers.

Lord Paul,

Its in the barbel section only because that why most people come,if you can get somebody to donate you a very expensive barbel rod you will be made most welcome,I'm sure you can find a venue for other species closer to home /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Paul,

I've only had a very short period of time to get things sorted,the committee had already made a decision to implement the existing night ban because of the rubbish,abusing booked match anglers on Sat/Sunday mornings and very few were ever paying for tickets so all the hassle and no return.

The signage will be sorted out in the next 2 weekends but as you will know the day tickets and Barnsley books clearly state "No night fishing" so no change there.

We just need to get over to people that the existing rules are now being enforced.

The car park which is owned by Barnsley will be chained off once it is dark and day ticket members have left,it will then be re-opened at first light.

This hopefully will also deter the few who use it for other "nocturnal activities".

We're going to police this with the syndicate members and myself acting as bailiffs,anyone fishing without a day ticket will have to pay £6 on the bank and anyone who is not a HKS member will be asked to leave once it is dark.

Ray,

The night syndicate is full for this season and is a mixture of regular local guys who have fished it for years and a few people from the BS and BFW, who I know and trust will look after it .

Is it a HPS/HKS Trent takeover, I'm not sure what you mean,clearly if other landowners are experiencing the same issues as Barnsley & District with people wanting to fish for nothing,abuse club members who have booked matches and leave all their rubbish for other people to pick up and those clubs approach either Tony or myself with a proposal then clearly we will give it consideration.

C

Chris Pearson

Just bringing this back up to the top now that the new signage is in place to save any wasted trips as the night ban will now be rigourously enforced by the HKS members and bailiffs.

Also to clarify day tickets for fishing dawn until dusk are still available for non Barnsley book holders at £3 in advance from the shop in Fiskerton but £6 on the bank from the bailiffs.

Thanks,

Chris

Paul Salters

Reaction score
Chriss, i met a realy nice chap at fiskerton, long blond hair, and has a camper van, i think his name is steve pope, he is one of your knights, and i think he is a careworker, and hes in the barbel society . any way im trying to get his email address if you know him, regards Paul

F

Fred Bonney

Stop it Chris, before you start!!!/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

His name is I think Steve Dunn, Paul. I'll ask his permission to pass on the email address.

Paul Salters

Reaction score
that's the man ,tell him its the old chap with the springer spaniel,he photo graphed a big fish for me ,thanks Paul.

C

Chris Pearson

Paul

He posts as Dylan on BFW if you would like to PM him on there and yes he is a great guy.

Glad you seemed to have had a good day.

ATB

Chris

Paul Salters

Reaction score
Thank you for your help, ill try tonight, i am a member of bfw, and i have a yearly ticket for fiskerton, so im pleased with what your doing, regards paul, proberly, meet you on the bank one day.

C

Chris Pearson

Hi Paul,

Let me know if you have any problems contacting Steve and I'll give him a call.

Glad to hear that you are pleased with the new set up, it's great to get some positive feedback from the members,it seems to be working very well and now much cleaner,even the farmer cleared all his plastic hay sheeting away last weekend and also more people are buying day tickets prior to commencing fishing now that they know it's bailiffed so Barnsley's income will increase.

ATB

Chris

Paul Salters

Reaction score
Thanks again chriss, iv posted , a call for steve so he might see it , if not ,ill proberly bump in to him again, im off to fiskerton tues, as iv been fishing winthorpe, the last few times, three in all to 1 barbel, so if i blank at fiskerton ,its pike gear, out. any ideas for big pike? my pb is 16lb so im after the majic 20lb regards Paul

C

Chris Pearson

Hi Paul,

Hopefully Tony's answer elswhere has sorted you out as I'm not up on pike.

ATB

Chris

F

Fred Bonney

Paul you have a message.

Well you would have if you had it switched on!!

PM me through the system with your email address I have the information you need

Fred

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Hope everything goes well for you lot...Litter is a reat bane...My pet hate!

I hope that you enforce a ban on anyone caught littering...and Barnsley provide a steward to walk the match length to deter the matchmen from littering.

And when I learn to drive can I put my name down to join the syndicate

best regards

Lee

C

Chris Pearson

Lee,

No need to learn to drive you can come with me mate, you'd be very welcome to join next year due at the end of March I just need permission to increase the syndicate numbers up a little if nobody drops out.

I'll stick you on the waiting list if you like.

Re the littering the members have clear instructions to pick up all litter before they go home and up to now it seems to be working as there is very little to pick up when I go down ticket checking.

ATB

Chris

p.s.

Let me know if you fancy "guesting" when it warms up a bit and I'll come and pick you up.

(If you bring the pans and the whisky /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif )