Birmingham Anglers

Reaction score
A bit of of a novice around this part of the world but a mate told me to join the B.A if I want to hunt Barbel.
The B.A are pretty famous but would it suit me based in Bridgnorth?
I have transport now so I am looking for lighter fished waters.
Aren't we all?

Last edited:

fruitowl

Reaction score
yes it would as b.a.a have a lot of water along the Severn I fish that area a lot when I have my card just waiting for season to open it's well worth it when you work out the cost of doing day tickets the more you go the better value it becomes.
From Bridgnorth down to Tewkesbury their are a lot of varied waters they also have sections of the Avon as well

oyster

Reaction score
BAA stretches are generally busy and receive a fair amount of angling pressure. So be prepared to walk to get to some of the better swims, and fish into evening if possible. There a couple of pegs at Arley and Hampton Loade that require a good walk and as a result are not fished as often, ask at Storey's in Kidderminster they will give you some good pointers.

Rich P

Reaction score
And don't forget the Teme. Some lovely stretches on the BAA card there too. I'm not currently a member but it has to be the best value card out there!

theartist

Reaction score
Also dont forget that the Baa are stopping day tickets at the end of the year folks. Season ticket is great value and there's loads of water that doesn't see much pressure at all.

Kevin aka Aethelbald

Reaction score
Edit: I've deleted this question in case anyone wastes any time on my question. It was about BAA gate codes.

theartist has kindly responded.

Last edited: