Hemingford Grey Weirpool

grayhamb

Reaction score
Hello any members on here know where i could locate the hemingford grey weirpool, im from buckden so only 18 min drive away any information on a close road to it or even how its fishing would be much appreciated ?:D

Chevin

Reaction score
Hello any members on here know where i could locate the hemingford grey weirpool, im from buckden so only 18 min drive away any information on a close road to it or even how its fishing would be much appreciated ?:D

Perhaps some one in the barbel group can help you. From what you say, they seem to be pretty clued up on barbel fishing in the middle Ouse. I am quite sure that I have posted a google earth picture of the weir pool here on FM but I guess to find it, you will need to do your own research. Personally, I am more than willing to help investigating anglers, but I can't be bothered to help lazy anglers. One of those milked me for what I knew and than claimed to be the first angler to have caught barbel in the area.

grayhamb

Reaction score
I read all the storys about that by doing research online I'm very passionate and determined to bag myself that barbell, for instance today I'm going to go to offord weir to rake out a spot so its clear to cast to for next session, also I'm going to dive down to where I think the weir pool is to have a look see if it wets my hunger to catch barbell below is a pic of where I think might be good..

https://postimg.org/image/aw24jk75r/

thecrow

Reaction score
If I were attempting to find Barbel in the stretch below the weir I would be baiting several likely looking swims (it looks as though you have plenty of choice) starting at the weir going downstream and then after resting them fish them in turn putting a bit more bait in at each spot when leaving for the next one.

grayhamb

Reaction score
Hello crow I raked out a lot of weed to reveal gravel bottom then I dropped pellets in once id finished, might go back to fish it later but not sure if ive spooked the fish for a long time or not, I watched the spot before I done anything I never saw any fish but could be in the cover of weed or in the light where I couldnt see, but ill be fishing from the other side of the bank casting to the side I raked and baited up, ill be using pva bags with 10mm halibut pellets in and my hook bait is of two choices either scopex & squid boilies or bait tech strawberry luncheon meat!

macko

Reaction score
Why don't you get a Shefford Angling ticket and get yourself down to Little Paxton weir pool , 5 minutes from you

ATB Macko

grayhamb

Reaction score
Might be an idea but properly expensive this late into the season now, ill stick to offord weir pool for now if I don't have any success then I might well investigate Paxton, but ill see out my local fishery as ive just learnt where all the features are and have raked it out in areas, why do many barbell come out of Paxton ?

dan305

Reaction score
Only a small head of barbel in Paxton weir, they're in there but it won't take long before you start getting recaptures.

grayhamb

Reaction score
Hey for me id love to catch anything over 2lb that I had in Eaton Socon weirpool, anything bigger so I can experience the real battle of a barbell! best area to cast in there ?