Hinders Elips Pellets.....

thecrow

Reaction score
The bumph on the link sounds to me like its designed to catch anglers, 2 years in development? can be glued together? that's no different to any other pellet. Designed to be used as loosefeed as well as hook baits? flippin eck that's unusual :) They are perfect for most species in both still and running water and are particularly ideal for Carp and Barbel? that wouldn't be because they are possibly the biggest market would it or am I being a bit cynical?

Its about time that bait manufacturers were made to list ingredients on bags but it wont happen as it would imo take away the ability of manufacturers to treat anglers like idiots with their claims, I have absolutely no doubt that these pellets will catch fish, will they catch more? no idea but without the correct application and presentation of any bait catches will not improve.

Reaction score
Graham, I think Hinders found their sales of slips pellets were down,so needed to invest in a new toy,funny how business works...

thecrow

Reaction score
Read a report on these from an angler that used them, he said they break down quickly ( 20 mins in very cold water) and are not that easy to glue together, he also said they seemed to be very light with not much substance to them.

benny samways

Reaction score
Can you get to GM growers Whitty? Not too far from luton, but they sell low oil trout pellets by the sack or kilo at very good prices, much cheaper than hinders (rip off metchant).

Then get some good liquids and make your own.

I buy about 10kgs of mixed sized pellets from gm and then coat them in hydrolysed fish from here
Liquids

Put a couple of kilos in a bucket with a good dollop of the fishy liquid, shut the lid and spin it round to get a good coat. It takes about 48 hours to suck it all up or before that they stick together.

These homemade jobbies are much more attractive to fish than the high oil pellets.

Reaction score
Yeah,GM growers is just outside Biggleswade,Titmuss's at Wheathampstead is probably a tad closer land cheaper(cheaper in-store than online),never thought of doing a bit of witchcraft on my pellets,sounds intriguing.

Rich P

Reaction score
Read a report on these from an angler that used them, he said they break down quickly ( 20 mins in very cold water) and are not that easy to glue together, he also said they seemed to be very light with not much substance to them.

That was me (on another popular barbel forum). Yes, disappointed. The two years in development clearly didn't include any time testing. Wafty, unsubstantial little things they are. Seemingly, all they've done is put a smaller and flatter nozzle on the output. Still, useful for the feeder or pva, with another more robust pellet on the hair.

thecrow

Reaction score
That was me (on another popular barbel forum). Yes, disappointed. The two years in development clearly didn't include any time testing. Wafty, unsubstantial little things they are. Seemingly, all they've done is put a smaller and flatter nozzle on the output. Still, useful for the feeder or pva, with another more robust pellet on the hair.

I thought it was Richard :)

Reaction score
It seems as I posted earlier,a knee jerk reaction by Hinders to an obvious drop in sales,with people buying more widely available pellets,Hinders are using their name to rip anglers off,the price of their pellet being high,even when bulk buying,I wished I had shares in the company...

Reaction score
Just to resurrect this thread,I've been in a tackle shop today for some boilies and low and behold sonubaits have 're-released their elliptical pellets,so a couple of bags were acquired.:)

jasonbean1

Reaction score
I've bought a few bags of the new sonubait ellips and will be trying them the next few days...let you now how they go. they are a bit flatter than the originals and don't look so oily

Jelster

Reaction score
Was in Angling Direct (Slough) today and they have the Sonubaits version of these in stock.

Not that there's any water in our rivers to take advantage of them :rolleyes:

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Remember the original elips? They were always very oily and even had oil in the bag but was this added after the making of the pellet for recreational angling sale only?