If you fish for barbel , carp or chub

mainstream

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if you fish for barbel or carp take a look at these sayuri barbel and halibut pellets just type into ebay, sayuri pellets

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are you giving FM members a discount?

B

binka

I'll take an unsliced farmhouse loaf over anything, two deadly baits in one and I know exactly what's on me hook ;)

Reaction score
What Steve,when your fishing for barbel?

B

binka

What Steve,when your fishing for barbel?

Yes...

I opened a thread about it sometime ago in conjunction with low water conditions although, to be fair, I've found crust to be deadly in many conditions and at all times of the year.

I'd happily go Barbel fishing with nothing more than a farmhouse loaf for bait.

Reaction score
Sorry Steve,I've just re-read the post,are you being battered by small fish,ie minnows,small roach,dace etc,on my local rivers you light be prone to sitting baitless sadly,else I'd be keen to give it a go.

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
I'm with Steve on this, my Trent trib Barbel will go for bread flake anytime.
In winter chubbing it last year I had a barb- on it most days out !

B

binka

Sorry Steve,I've just re-read the post,are you being battered by small fish,ie minnows,small roach,dace etc,on my local rivers you light be prone to sitting baitless sadly,else I'd be keen to give it a go.

In the case of crust Alan I'm folding a large piece over and fishing it on a size 6 Korda wide gape, sometimes a 4 so you can imagine the size of baits I'm using.

Nothing fancy with the rig either, in fact a swan shot pinched on anywhere between an inch and six from the hook is usually all I use especially in snaggy swims.

I'm almost embarrassed about the simplicity of it all...

Almost! ;)

mainstream

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
just been looking at the bfw forum theres a post on there regarding pellets that contain astaxanthin just to let you know that some of these pellets have quite a high content of astaxanthin , could someone please do me a favour and let them know by adding to the post on there ,
thanks ,

thanks

Last edited:

mainstream

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
can I just put things in perspective , regarding all this nonsense that's flying around about me and this range of pellets (sayuri)
hope you don't mind me putting it on here but its obvious that some guys on here go on there (bfw) (I would put it on there myself but not a member )
first of all I did a bit of advertising on facebook to try and get things known , barbel fishing pages and also set a page up for myself , a guy contacts me regarding buying some pellets( stephen Wilkinson) thought spot on this , so I post them off to him put him a few different ones in to have a look at as well ( because that's how I am ) and ask him as a favour to let me or anybody else know how he gets on with them ie facebook , barbel pages etc

good god what a mess i've dropped on him , needless to say I have apologised to him about all this , but as it happens he's a very nice guy and is ok with it all , now he's being accused of being me or me him whichever way you want to look at it , what a mess, this lads done nothing wrong , only do me a favour by mentioning that the pellets do the job

regards nigel
fully understand if the people that run this site take this off as I know its nothing to do with here
understand

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Am I the only one that is completely and utterly baffled by what is being posted above? What the h"ll is being talked about?

B

binka

From what I can gather a row has broken out elsewhere, and where some are suspecting that Nigel has created an alias in order to send out an order along with some free samples of other stuff (because that's how he is) with the aim of the alias giving positive feedback to his products, which of course the alias would do bearing in mind that he is theoretically one and the same person.

But...

The seller of the products in question denies this allegation and feels bad about dropping the suspected/alleged alias or genuine person in the shyte, but then goes on to disclose his name on a public forum that has little if anything to do with the row that has erupted elsewhere :confused:

Simples!

You really don't get anything like this bother with crust :laugh:

Crust being just what my own alias earlier purported to be a killer Barbel bait in the hope that others would fall for the Red Herring and use it without any success whatsoever, but that was before an agent for Hovis had hacked my computer and double posted the positives of crust.

This in turn leaves me wondering whether it was me, my alias or Hovis who are throwing in the Red Herring? ;)

Reaction score
From what I can gather a row has broken out elsewhere, and where some are suspecting that Nigel has created an alias in order to send out an order along with some free samples of other stuff (because that's how he is) with the aim of the alias giving positive feedback to his products, which of course the alias would do bearing in mind that he is theoretically one and the same person.

But...

The seller of the products in question denies this allegation and feels bad about dropping the suspected/alleged alias or genuine person in the shyte, but then goes on to disclose his name on a public forum that has little if anything to do with the row that has erupted elsewhere :confused:

Simples!

Crust being just what my own alias earlier purported to be a killer Barbel bait in the hope that others would fall for the Red Herring and use it without any success whatsoever, but that was before an agent for Hovis had hacked my computer and double posted the positives of crust.

This in turn leaves me wondering whether it was me, my alias or Hovis who are throwing in the Red Herring? ;)

:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

mainstream

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

But...

Simples!

binka just do yourself a favour and buy some pellets , you and graham I will treat you like no other and fill the basket with free samples , its an olive branch mate tell graham will you for me , give them a go see what happens you might be my best mate then , regards nigel

N

Neil Smart

The only thing that has come out of this that makes any sense is the long lost super bait that is bread. Of course this does not seem to fit the modern anglers remit, I mean come on where is the science, the mystery ingredients and it's just too cheap to be any good, surely?
I won't actually name a youtuber that did a very good piece on bread, but he has a crop of auburn hair and is a Yorkshire lad he actually adds a secret ingredient...gravy, to the mix, and does very well too.
Ahh Yorkshire.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What's up with magots and frozen sweetcorn? They're only along the same kinda price range as bread n'all. Unlike bread they don't dry up in warmer weather before you get to use 'em.

Reaction score
'Do yourself a favour and buy some pellets',from 'the management '...:;)

onemorelastcast

Reaction score
I think the bread recommendation was that it was a different bait to others and is by a distance a better bait.