Amneisa loop knot

Reaction score
Hi.
Have just started ring some rigs up with amnesia. Going to use quick link swivels so that I can have rigs set up with pva stick mixes and be able to switch quickly and easily in the dark.

I've tried loops on the rigs using both the perfection loop and non slip loop and although both seem strong Im concerned the knots might strangulate the line. (Particularly the non slip loop which seems to be recommended on the web.).

Has anyone any advice please.

Cheers

Steve

Reaction score
Sherlock,I use loops on all my barbel hooklinks,I use on occasion 3 kinds of fluorocarbon line,plus mono and rarely braid,I've never had a loop let me down,this is in b.s.'s 10-13lbs with fish to 18lbs,with plenty of doubles to boot,f#ck knows what my loop is called,but I've been told by the former owner of Kryston that my loop knot is poor,well if it is I don't know what a strong one is like,I use it for all my fishing,from roach to carp,all I do is form a loop in a the line,go round once and pass it through the loop I've made,plenty of spittle,and ensure its tight,jobs a goodun,please don't ask me to put a link up,technophobia takes over,if you can follow my waffle,please,please try this knot...Also I can tie loops around 8mms long in the breaking strains mention,so it's very neat too.

Last edited:

wetthrough

Reaction score
I've tried loops on the rigs using both the perfection loop and non slip loop

Just got round to trying the non slip loop, assuming you're talking about the one here Ultimate Knots – KRYSTON. I tried it against the figure of eight loop with some 0.11 Shimano Silk Shock and it wasn't particularly conclusive. Some broke at the figure of eight some at the non slip loop. That doesn't mean it isn't better with other lines, it might be. But with the 2 and 3.3lb Supplex fluorocarbon I usually use the non slip loop won every time. I've wanted to use loop knots but never found anything that matched up to the hook knot with the fluorocarbons.

It probably won't take the match scene by storm as it isn't as easy to tie to a specific length as the figure of eight but you'll probably find me using it in future.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Just got round to trying the non slip loop, assuming you're talking about the one here Ultimate Knots – KRYSTON. I tried it against the figure of eight loop with some 0.11 Shimano Silk Shock and it wasn't particularly conclusive. Some broke at the figure of eight some at the non slip loop. That doesn't mean it isn't better with other lines, it might be. But with the 2 and 3.3lb Supplex fluorocarbon I usually use the non slip loop won every time. I've wanted to use loop knots but never found anything that matched up to the hook knot with the fluorocarbons.

It probably won't take the match scene by storm as it isn't as easy to tie to a specific length as the figure of eight but you'll probably find me using it in future.

Thanks for bringing it up.

This knot can be used to tie hooks, I’ve experimented with thicker mono and Fluoro. It’s given me some good results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Whitty
Thanks for the advice. Having looked on internet the knot you initially described putting one loop through the other sounds like the perfection loop. I've got a bit better at tying it and it seems quite strong (bullied several chub to 4-8 out of tree roots last Saturday) so I've settled on this.

I gather the non slip loop is marginally stronger but I wasn't convinced on the way the knot cinched up.

Anyway just to say I'm very impressed with the amnesia using it on a combi rig with Dacron and can definitely recommend it for holding onto fish in snaggy swims.

Reaction score
Mate,I've bullied 15lb barbel with the 'whatever' knot,no problems,I personally believe confidence is key in barbel fishing,that's bait,lines,knots,hooks,rods,reels,the lot,all you need then is fish in your rivers...