Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Are barbel anglers extinct?

I'm seriously asking the question,as this section used to be very busy,now no serious posts for ages,unless you know better???

Default Re: Are barbel anglers extinct?

The brethren are bereft of Binka Barbel.

Full of the vermine on faceache, all spouting off where the best pegs are and giving aerial map views of em on google.....bell ends!
    Then there's the youtube bell ends trying to make money and showing off all the best spots that people have most likely shown them in confidence.
    Because they had the swims shown to them they did no work and it's a case of easy come easy go for these dick heads!

Since I moved Alan they're somewhat scarce in local waters but I am well please with the river/stream fishing for quality roach/chub/dace on waters that don't see another angler (apart from my fishing buddy). The best I've had from a local backwater is a tiny 8lb, for bigger specimens I have to travel 20 minutes south to the Great Ouse and they're thin on the ground now. After so many decades of fishing the Kennet/Loddon/Colne/Cherwell for big barbel I much rather stay local for a leisurely stroll over the fields for decent roach and chub and a pint in the village pub on the way home..........
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

I learned a few years back to keep my gob (and typing fingers) to myself when it comes to barbel. There are lots of folks trawling forums for information that never contribute anything.

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    Since I moved Alan they're somewhat scarce in local waters but I am well please with the river/stream fishing for quality roach/chub/dace on waters that don't see another angler (apart from my fishing buddy). The best I've had from a local backwater is a tiny 8lb, for bigger specimens I have to travel 20 minutes south to the Great Ouse and they're thin on the ground now. After so many decades of fishing the Kennet/Loddon/Colne/Cherwell for big barbel I much rather stay local for a leisurely stroll over the fields for decent roach and chub and a pint in the village pub on the way home..........
    What's wrong with the whoppers that have been turning up in the Nene over the past few years?

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Full of the vermine on faceache, all spouting off where the best pegs are and giving aerial map views of em on google.....bell ends!
    Then there's the youtube bell ends trying to make money and showing off all the best spots that people have most likely shown them in confidence.
    Because they had the swims shown to them they did no work and it's a case of easy come easy go for these dick heads!
    I agree and I would not tell them "jack sh1t" ruining all the best spots , I still have my secret location though

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    What's wrong with the whoppers that have been turning up in the Nene over the past few years?
    Not in the local areas to me Chris, you've got to go further east or tell porkies...............

Some cracking roach & chub though - also some quality rudd if you're feeling up to a long, long yomp over the fields on the day............
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Blog Entries

I think some of these bits of the Nene are syndicated,so for many aren't an option.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Passionate about that are you Ian,lol. As you say though people are always on the lookout for pictures of anglers with good fish,then hunt them out to see where they fish,with the internet this can only get worse...

Blog Entries

Barbel. They can be soooo easy to catch at times .
    The humble gudgeon present a greater Angling challenge.
    Great fighting fish tho, little wonder they are so popular.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast